Community

slow conection

Links used in this discussion
Bruce Bieber, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 04, 2019 2:52:46 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm connecting with  the "internet i.d "that I set up on each computer as i.p address werent allowing my computer from home to connect to my office. I'm noticing that its not a quick connection
whats the fastest connection connecting?

I do have a static i.p address in my office........does that have anything to do with my inability to connect using i.p address thats in the set up box on the host computer ?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 04, 2019 5:57:45 pm EDT
Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your message.

A direct connection is faster than an Internet-ID connection. We recommend using direct connection when it's possible

I do have a static i.p address in my office

If the remote Host machine has the static external IP address, then you can use the direct connection as well.

Also here's a related KB article that might be helpful: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/slow-remote-connection-speed-performance/

Hope that helps.
Zachary Raineri, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 08, 2019 8:27:11 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
"does that have anything to do with my inability to connect using i.p address thats in the set up box on the host computer ?"

For direct connection you'll need to get your host machine's local ip (if it's connected to a router) and ensure port forwarding is setup on the router to allow the host machines port (default is 5650) is forwarded to your host machines local ip

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)