Community

Custom RU Server

Links used in this discussion
John Bitros, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 29, 2020 3:44:31 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

i am a IT Manger and control about 100PC's. So i was looking for alternative remote access software that was independent from TeamViwer,  [censored] etc.., and came up with your software that is superp!!!!

I am using the trial viewer and latest versions 6.10 (25/06/2020), both Host and Server running On Windows 7 Pro 64bit

My instalation was ok, based on your very good documentation.

I have create on NoIP a DNS name that is up and runnig, and open port 5655 (its open on https://canyouseeme.org/)

Testing with one Host PC, the server is showing the Host on the Idle list. So communication between the Host and Server is OK.

But when connecting on that Host i get the error :  

27-06-2020__11:25:18__221 Connection #812586. Connection to "My Host". Mode: <Authorization>. Connecting...
27-06-2020__11:25:18__221 InetConnection #812586. Internet connection to My Host (bitcom.sytes.net:5655).
27-06-2020__11:25:18__221 CheckID Connection. Connecting...: "MyXYServer.sytes.net:5655".
27-06-2020__11:25:19__261 CheckID Connection to internet-id error. Host: "MyXYServer.sytes.net:5655". Exception class: "EIdSocketError". Message: "Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused.".
27-06-2020__11:25:19__261 CheckID Connection. Exit: "MyXYServer.sytes.net:5655".

So i gave up with many tests and searching on your forum.

With OUT changing to any properties and even with out changing the Internet ID, swithing from my custom server to your default server, i get a connection to my Host and its working fine!

Another thing is that the PC that is installed the RU Server, i want to take control from the Internet, configure the PC with the Host software, but the RU Server is not showing it on the idle list.  

Any ideas?

Thanks
John
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 29, 2020 6:21:51 am EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Make sure that you specified correct server address and port in connection properties for the respected connection in the address book:

Connection properties -> General -> Internet-ID -> Change button -> uncheck "Default" and specify your server data there.
John Bitros, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 29, 2020 7:17:13 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

thanks for you quick answer, as i wrote :

"With OUT changing to any properties and even with out changing the Internet ID, swithing from my custom server to your default server, i get a connection to my Host and its working fine!"

I have done that on Host PC and Viewer (Address Book)

If there was a problem with my address or port would i still see my Host on the Idle List on the RU Server?

Thanks
John
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 29, 2020 12:11:54 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the clarification.

In the logs you've attached in your previous message, I've noticed the following error: Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused
. According to the Windows Sockets Error Codes, this error means that no connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.

"With OUT changing to any properties and even with out changing the Internet ID, swithing from my custom server to your default server, i get a connection to my Host and its working fine!"
I have done that on Host PC and Viewer (Address Book)

In case if the Host is listed on the Server's Idle tab, then it means that the Host is able to connect to the Server correctly. However, if you're able to connect to the remote Host using our public server without changing the settings, then it might mean that some settings specifying the server's address are missing and our default public server is used. Could you please double-check the following:
1) Your custom server's address is specified in the Host settings -> Internet-ID settings and your settings look similar to the screenshot below:
Custom RU Server - 29 Jun 2020 12:03:03
2) The custom server is specified in Viewer, in the connection properties for this specific Host:
Custom RU Server - 29 Jun 2020 12:06:06

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)