Community

Remote Pointer erratic

Links used in this discussion
Sam Abboushi, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 17, 2020 7:45:24 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
When I connect to remote PCs, the remote users often complain about loss of control over the mouse pointer.

I just tested between two W10 PCs and the remote pointer keeps jumping to the center of the screen every 2 seconds or so making it almost impossible to control.

I thought it might be resolved if I uninstalled the monitor driver, but that didn't work longterm: it's an intermittent problem...

I've been experiencing this behavior for at least a couple of years including remote PCs running host.exe under W10 and W7.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Solutions?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 19, 2020 5:13:41 pm EDT
Hello Sam,

Thank you for your message.

This is expected behavior, as it's usually a tech connecting to the remote Host who needs to control the mouse pointer. Could you please try switching to the View only mode during the remote session and see if this works for you? You can alternate between Full Control and View Only modes without closing the window by using the toggle icon on the Toolbar or by using Alt + F12 keyboard shortcut:
Remote Pointer erratic - 19 Oct 2020 05:06:10
Alternatively, you can connect to the remote Host in the View only connection mode as described here.

In addition, please note that the Monitor Driver is meant to be used for the Blank remote screen feature only. The Monitor Driver was discontinued since our latest version 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) and replaced with a new blank remote screen mechanism that allows adding a custom text to the remote screen when it is blanked.
In case if you use one of the previous versions of Remote Utilities, i.e. 6.10.10.0 or an older version, we highly recommend you to update your installation to the latest 6.12.2.0 Beta 2 version as it contains lots of bug fixes and improvements, so it might help you in resolving some issues and improving overall performance.
The latest 6.12.2.0. Beta 2 version is available for the download on this page. When updating, please make sure to update both Viewer and Host/Agent to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)