Community

Stream read error (EReadError) Exception

Links used in this discussion
Wayerspork Nitrover, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 26, 2021 10:08:14 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I am accessing a Windows 10 x64 build 19042 running RU Host v7.0.0.0 (70000) from Ubuntu Linux 20.04.2 LTS focal running RU Viewer v1.0.7.q (69370) beta 7 and after 30 seconds to 1 minute the session freezes. I can close the session and connect again with the same results. The log on the Windows system shows:

Exception: Stream read error. (EReadError). with an information window.
Attached Files
Stream read error (EReadError) Exception Stream read error (EReadError) Exception Stream read error (EReadError) Exception
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Feb 26, 2021 2:34:45 pm EST
Support level: Starter
I am also getting these errors.  The host is version 7.0.0.0 on Windows 7 32 bit.  The errors happen even with a direct connection.  The host has both wired and WiFi connections in my local network.  Problem still occurs if I disable WiFi.  Problenn still occurs if I switch to Internet ID connection mode.  Happens with 2 different viewers, one at version 7.0.0.0, the other still at beta 4.  I am fairly sure this did not happen before upgrading the host to v 7  [cofirmed, problem started immediately after upgrading host to V 7.0.0.0, did not happen while host was at beta 4]

One behavioural difference:  these errors happen about once a minute, but the viewer automatically re-connects to the host.
Edited:Peter Gray - Feb 26, 2021 2:40:22 pm EST
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 26, 2021 3:19:14 pm EST
Hello Wayerspork and Peter,

Thank you for your messages.

Could you please provide us the Host connection log files for examination, so we could look further into the issue? The connection logs can be located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\.
You can send us the log files to support@remoteutilities.com. I'll forward the logs to our development department for further investigation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to your replies.
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Feb 26, 2021 3:44:51 pm EST
Support level: Starter

Could you please provide us the Host connection log files for examination

Duly emailed.  Fortunately the connection lasted long enough to do a file transfer (or maybe the problem didn't affect file transfer mode)
Feb 26, 2021 3:54:51 pm EST
Hello Peter,

We've received the log file and have already forwarded it to our developers, thank you!

I'll keep you updated on the issue.
Andy Jackson, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 27, 2021 1:46:44 am EST
i can confirm this only happens after upgrade of the remote host, the viewer seems to work fine with those that are not updated
Boris Rudoy, User (Posts: 33)
Feb 27, 2021 1:57:54 am EST
I confirm same problem immediately after upgrade from 6.10 to 7.0
Viewer at windows 7 64 bit, host at windows 10 64 bit . Host use CallBack. After host was rolled back to 6.10 (viewer still 7.0) problem disappear.
Mar 01, 2021 10:42:53 am EST
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've fixed the issue and released an updated version with an implemented fix. Please, download the updated 7.0.0.1 version from the main download page if you haven't tried updating yet.

You can also use the Automatic update (self-update) feature to update to the 7.0.0.1 version.

We appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
Wayerspork Nitrover, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 05, 2021 1:28:28 pm EST

Polina wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've fixed the issue and released an updated version with an implemented fix. Please, download the updated  7.0.0.1  version from the main download page if you haven't tried updating yet.

You can also use the Automatic update (self-update) feature to update to the 7.0.0.1 version.

We appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Update 7.0.0.1 fixed the issue for me. Great response! Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)