Community

7.0.0.1 cant open (remote pc) full screen like older versions

Links used in this discussion
rene wieland, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 02, 2021 6:30:11 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi I upgraded yesterday. A new (worldmap) waiting screen opens, that's ok. But RU viewer doesn't remember it last settings and keeps on opening in a small window. Tried all four options in properties, connection, remote screen, mode.  Can't find the right box for full screen
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 02, 2021 2:12:53 pm EST
Hello Rene,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue - Viewer opens the Full Control and View window in the same view mode (i.e. Stretch, Fullscreen, etc.) that was set during the previous remote session.
The issue might be occurring if the Viewer configuration file was somehow corrupted by some antivirus or firewall software, or if there are some issues with writing to the configuration file.
Please, try the following:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action. However, you will need to register your Viewer with a license key once again. To do so, please follow this tutorial.
4. Run the Viewer and see if the issue persists when connecting to a remote Host.

Please let me know if this worked for you.
Mar 02, 2021 3:23:11 pm EST
Hi there, thank you for answering!

I deleted the config_4.xml but the issue, a small window upper left, about a quarter size of the total screen, still remains. The good news is that I found the solution to maximize this window. When you click on the viewer icon on the taskbar, it stretches to full screen. :-)  I hope this answer helps others too. Best regards, René
Jørgen Grunnet, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 02, 2021 4:01:55 pm EST
I have exactly the same problem as Rene.
I have tried from to different PC's and connecting to different PC's - allways start in a little window upper left.
As Rene tells, you can click on the little icon in the Processline, that will open full screen.
Pressing F12 will alternatively move you through the different settings.
This must be a program bug.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 02, 2021 4:14:20 pm EST
Hello René and Jørgen,

Thank you for your messages.

Could you please provide us a few screenshots that would demonstrate the issue? You can post screenshots here (please make sure to hide any sensitive information) or send them to support@remoteutilities.com.
In addition, please clarify if you've updated both Host and Viewer to the same 7.0.0.1 version? Also please let us know what OSs are running on the Viewer machines where the issue occurs?

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 02, 2021 5:32:54 pm EST
I'm running 7.0.01 on both ends under windows 10 pro 20H2  build 19042.746. Now it seems it's getting full screen after pressing on any area at the taskbar here. I use screenpresso for screen dumps normally. It works! Except when opening the RU viewer. Sorry!
Attached Files
7.0.0.1 cant open (remote pc) full screen like older versions
Jørgen Grunnet, User (Posts: 3)
Mar 03, 2021 1:00:10 am EST
Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Build 19042.804

Remote Utilities Viewer 7.0.0.1
Remote Utilities Host 7.0.0.1

I have found out why this happens!
I had in Viewer selected 'Tabbed View', as I cleared this, the Remote machine opens as expected in full screen.
When I select tabbed viewing again the error comes back.

Tabbed view is toggled in the Viewer under Tools/Options/Remote Screen
Mar 03, 2021 3:41:02 am EST
That's right! Thank you Jørgen!! Must have been a wrong 'default setup'  in the new version. I never used this. Issue solved. Thanks Best Regards, René
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 03, 2021 6:29:43 am EST
Thank you for your feedback! We will test it out.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)