Community

Internet-ID keeps changing

Links used in this discussion
Alan Lombardo, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 03, 2021 2:17:40 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
How long is the Internet-ID supposed to be the same?  I do have a free license, but the internet ID seems to change about every week or so? Is it supposed to be changing so often?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 03, 2021 5:24:03 pm EST
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your message.

The Internet-ID code always stays the same and can only be re-generated manually in the Host Settings by selecting the Get New ID option in the Internet-ID settings section.

Could you please clarify what version of Remote Utilities do you use and if you use Host or Agent?

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 03, 2021 8:04:03 pm EST
It is version 6.10.10.0 for the viewer. We downloaded the host and viewer at the same time. I can’t remember the version of the host.  We uninstalled and reinstalled both viewer and host at the same time and didn’t resolve the issue. The host is also using AVG antivirus.
Mar 04, 2021 1:08:05 am EST
**I have an upd ate**  The real problem seems to be that the host does not start automatically.  We need to run "start Host" each time the computer restarts.  In the settings for host, it is set to automatic and is se t to automatic in "services". I have uninstalled the host per instructions on the website (registry edit) and installed version 7.  I have uninstalled AVG and ran the AVG Clear program to fully uninstall and the host will not start automatically when AVG is not installed.  I have reinstalled AVG and the host still will not start.  Any further suggestions?  This was working fine for a few years and just started having this problem about a month ago.
Mar 04, 2021 3:30:19 pm EST
Hello Alan,

Thank you for the provided upd ate.

We need to run "start Host" each time the computer restarts. In the settings for host, it is se t to automatic and is se t to automatic in "services".

This seems like the issue might have been caused by the Host installation files or the Host service being somehow damaged/corrupter (most probably by the firewall software activity).
Please note that the Host service must be running on a remote machine in order for the Host to work properly and the service should start automatically by default unless you changed manually.

Before we can proceed to further troubleshooting, please try referring to this KB page to see any of the listed solutions help to resolve the issue.
Namely, please additionally double-check the following:
1. When uninstalling Host please make sure to also remove the folder C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Host\ and restart your PC before re-installing Host.
2. Please make sure to add the Host's installation folder to your antivirus software exception list as described here.
3. If your remote Host machine is running on Windows 8 or Windows 10, please make sure to disable the Turn on fast startup feature as described in the article linked above.

Please let me know if any of the solutions worked for you or if the issue still persists.
Mar 05, 2021 9:45:38 pm EST
I have tried all of the options above and also re-added to Start Host file to the firewall (it was already there).  I saved the event viewer, registry file (exported) and Remote Utilities Logs.  I was unable to upload the *.zip file.    Thank you very more for the help so far.  Please let know of any more suggestions..
Mar 09, 2021 11:19:02 am EST
Hello Alan,

Thank you for the update.

Please feel free to send us the archived files to support@remoteutilities.com for examination.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)