Community

Bug in File transfer

Brenda, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 10, 2021 11:05:53 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Viewer and Host are version 7.0.0.1
Windows 10 on both computers

When I have a file at the Host computer and I transfer a modified version that has become shorter in length, both versions get mixed into a combination of both.
This is disastrous for javascript files since it possibly creates syntax errors but it can also silently parse but no longer work as expected.

I added a compilation of screenshots of the first version of the file (a long one) and short version of the file (the edit) and the end result after upload and replace to Host where you can see that there is double information because it seems like the short version has just been pasted into the longer version and what was left of the longer version was not removed.

Quick work around is to first remove the file that you want to update and then upload the new version, but this can get tedious. And anyway, this is not really expected behaviour for a file update. Can this be fixed?
Attached Files
Bug in File transfer
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 10, 2021 1:47:23 pm EST
Hello Brenda,

Thank you for your message.

We actually already reproduced and fixed reported File Transfer mode issues and would like to send you the updated files for a test, to see if the fixes work for you. Please contact us at support@remoteutilities.com so that we can email you the files along with the instructions.

Thank you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)