Community

Screen resolution issue for multi-monitor setups

Dax Liniere, User (Posts: 17)
Mar 14, 2021 7:00:58 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey team,
I have a remote PC with two monitors, configured one above the other (2560x1440 monitor above, 1920x1080 monitor). When I view on my laptop (2560x1440), there is a horizontal scrollbar that makes navigation quite challenging for anything but minor tasks.
I have tried the 4 View Mode settings, but either of the Stretch settings displays both screens at once, resulting in everything being way too tiny to see and use.

It would be great if there was a way to scale, either by percentage or as an automatic fit-to-width. Another possible solution is to have an option only stream one screen at a time in a multi-monitor setup. I imagine there could be a hotkey or gesture to switch screens.

Would love to hear your thoughts on a solution for this.

Also, do I need to update the Host now that I've updated the Client to 7.0.0.1?

Thanks and all the best,
Dax.
Mar 14, 2021 7:34:52 pm EDT
I realise the reason for this problem is probably because you've never had anyone report an under/over monitor configuration. To allow access to the bottom screen, a vertical scrollbar is displayed. This reduces the available display width and causes a horizontal scrollbar to be displayed.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Dax.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Mar 15, 2021 11:07:34 am EDT
Hello Dax,

Thank you for your message.

You can select each monitor to display invidiually on your Viewer side.  Just use the monitor icon-dropdown:

Screen resolution issue for multi-monitor setups - 15 Mar 2021 11:01:37

You can then use the Stretch option to fit the remote monitor contents on Viewer screen or display it 1:1 (pixel-to-pixel).

Also, do I need to update the Host now that I've updated the Client to 7.0.0.1?

It is recommended that you do so. Alternatively, you can wait a couple of days before we release version 7002 where found 7001 bugs will be fixed.

Let me know if you need any assistance.
Mar 16, 2021 11:30:55 am EDT
Ahh, Conrad! You're a life-saver!
Thank you so much.

All the best,
Dax.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)