Community

Restart Agent as not working

Links used in this discussion
H E, User (Posts: 8)
Mar 31, 2021 8:03:07 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I'm new in RU. I've tested the software and stuggeling with Restart agent as. In current version 7.0.0.3 this will not work. I also tested a 6er version and this will work without any problems. Are you know about this bug?

Another question: As I can see in free version I can start unlimited spontaneous support session, as long I have only 10 remotes in my address book at the same time. Am I correct?

Thank you for your help.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 31, 2021 5:43:28 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

A similar issue occurred earlier in version 7.0.0.1 of Remote Utilities but it was already fixed in the subsequent update for version 7.0.0.2. Please see our Release Notes for more information.
Please make sure that you use both Viewer and Agent of the latest version available (version 7.0.0.3 as of this writing), as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Another question: As I can see in free version I can start unlimited spontaneous support session, as long I have only 10 remotes in my address book at the same time. Am I correct?

Our free license allows you to add up to 10 remote computers in your Viewer address book, so you can connect to these 10 Hosts from your Viewer at the same time. For more information on the Free License please refer to this page.

Hope that helps.
Apr 01, 2021 3:08:55 am EDT
No the problem sill persists in version 7.0.0.3
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 01, 2021 5:27:40 am EDT
Hello,

Could you please be more specific as to what doesn't work, specifically? Do you see the prompt for entering admin credentials when you invoke the "Restart agent as..." command?
Apr 01, 2021 6:22:04 am EDT
Yes I can see the prompt and enter the credentials. After that nothing happens. Tested with Version 6 everything works as expected.
Apr 01, 2021 5:26:43 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification on this.

If possible, could you please provide us the following files for examination:
1. Contents of the folder C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Agent\
2. Registry key that contains Agent's settings: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Usoris\Remote Utilities
You can send these files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 01, 2021 6:19:56 pm EDT
Yes, I can do this but I think you should reproduce this behavior cause it will occur on several PCs with different Viewer computers and different agent computers. We‘re using newest Win 10 version.
In meantime, do we have the possibility to get a free (for 10 entries) key for version 6? Cannot find any way to order it.
Apr 02, 2021 2:20:29 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know.

We were able to reproduce the issue - I'll forward it further to our developers for a review, to see if we can implement a fix for it in our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In meantime, do we have the possibility to get a free (for 10 entries) key for version 6? Cannot find any way to order it.

Unfortunately, we no longer sell/distribute version 6.10 license after version 7 release. Sorry for that.
However, please note that it's still possible to connect from Viewer version 7 to both Host/Agent version 6 and 7. In fact, I've just tested the scenario with the "Restart Agent as..." feature when connecting from Viewer version 7.0.0.3 to Agent version 6.10.10.0 and the feature works as expected in this case, so it's possible to use this as a temporary workaround, i.e. no need to downgrade Viewer as well.

Hope that helps.
Apr 06, 2021 10:04:00 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers on this issue - we've managed to reproduce the issue and we will implement a fix for it in the next update for Remote Utilities which will be available very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue and will let you know once the fix is available.
May 26, 2021 11:53:21 am EDT
is the problem fixed?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)