New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Viewer and Host 7.0.0.3 connection fail after update from 6.12

Links used in this discussion
Andrei P., User (Posts: 4)
Apr 05, 2021 5:53:08 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello. After update RU from 6.12 beta to 7.0.0.3 I can't connect from viewer (W10 1909) to host (W10 20H2). Trying downgrade to 6.10 but have similar results with connection fail. Downgrade to 6.12 beta is impossible. No downloads for it.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 05, 2021 4:56:01 pm EDT
Hello Andrei,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on the issue? Do you mean that the connection screen is stuck on the "digital map" window or do you get any error messages?
Am I right in assuming that you use Internet-ID connection? If this is the case, please try referring to this troubleshooting guide that might provide a helpful solution.

Please let me know if the solutions listed in the guide above did not help and the issue persists.
Apr 05, 2021 5:32:13 pm EDT
Polina thank you. Let me try to explain it step-by-step.

I make a connection from laptop to desktop in my home network by ip. When my desktop monitor is in standby mode (desktop is steel working) I see password enter field. After enter password I have a global map and next a black screen. Now if I retry a connection I have a reconnection error popup.

When monitor is working I have a similar issue. But I have no password field (for clean test I don’t save a password previously), just a reconnection popup.

All firewalls were disabled. In firewall log at desktop I see a connection from laptop but nothing more (all connections are accepted and were written to log).

Is any way to downgrade to 6.12 beta host? It works before update well)
Edited:Andrei P. - Apr 05, 2021 5:33:20 pm EDT
Apr 06, 2021 12:35:22 pm EDT
Hello Andrei,

Thank you for the detailed clarification.

Could you please let me know if you have both Host and Viewer updated to the latest version 7.0.0.3? If this is the case, please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature and see if it helps to connect to a remote Host. You can enable the feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab. After enabling the "Use legacy capture mode" checkbox, please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied.
As for the "world map" issue that occurs especially when the remote monitor is turned off - this is a known issue that we've partially fixed in the previous version 7.0.0.2. However, since the issue still manifests itself in certain circumstances, we will implement additional fixes in the upcoming update for Remote Utilities.

Is any way to downgrade to 6.12 beta host? It works before update well)

Unfortunately, we do not provide version 6.12 installation files anymore as it was Beta version of Remote Utilities. However, it's possible to downgrade to the latest stable version 6.10.10.0 which is available for download on this page.

Please let me know if this worked for you or if the issue persists.
Apr 06, 2021 5:34:04 pm EDT
Polina hello. I have both RU 7.0.0.3 Host + Viewer installed.

I try to make some tests. I can connect from a Viewer 7.0.0.3 to a Host 6.10 (Win 7 desktop). All works fine.

I have made some reinstallations with 6.10-7.0.0.3 combinations of Host and Viewer. And now I have a working remote connection to my desktop. But it works for some (2-10) seconds. Remote desktop works, keyboard works, mouse works and after 2-10 seconds remote desktop freeze on RU screen, waiting for some seconds and RU make a reconnection.

I will try to reinstall a clean Windows at my laptop to Win 10 20H2 to exclude different Windows versions factor.
Apr 07, 2021 3:04:19 pm EDT
Hello Andrei,

Thank you for the clarification.

And now I have a working remote connection to my desktop. But it works for some (2-10) seconds. Remote desktop works, keyboard works, mouse works and after 2-10 seconds remote desktop freeze on RU screen, waiting for some seconds and RU make a reconnection.

In this case please feel free to send us the Host log files for examination - this can help to identify what's causing the issue. You can locate the Host logs in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\. You can send us the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 08, 2021 12:30:49 pm EDT
Polina hello. I have a good news. Reinstall of Windows help me. I don't know what happend (same updates, same software). I think that last Windows updates can broke something. Thank you.
Apr 08, 2021 2:22:18 pm EDT
Hello Andrei,

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions. We're happy to help.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)