Community

Touchscreen mode

Links used in this discussion
Amit Hirschfeld, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 14, 2021 6:04:54 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Is it possible to have a touchscreen mode on the iOS viewer so using the mouse will be much easier?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 14, 2021 1:49:21 pm EDT
Hello Amit,

Thank you for your message.

In case if you mean Viewer for Mac, then it supports touchpad/trackpad or any mouse that is connected to your computer by default. If you mean mobile Viewer for iOS devices - it does support touchscreen by default as it's supposed to be used on mobile devices (iPhone/iPad), but, unfortunately, it does not provide mouse support yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Amit Hirschfeld, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 15, 2021 2:10:18 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Polina wrote:

Hello Amit,

Thank you for your message.

In case if you mean Viewer for Mac, then it supports touchpad/trackpad or any mouse that is connected to your computer by default. If you mean mobile Viewer for iOS devices - it does support touchscreen by default as it's supposed to be used on mobile devices (iPhone/iPad), but, unfortunately, it does not provide mouse support yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,
I was referring to the iOS version.
I meant that in touchscreen mode I will not need to move the screen or the mouse pointer to an object I want on the screen, but rather I can just click on the screen where I want and the mouse pointer on the host will move.

So in the attached image, if I want to close the Tick Tick window, I can just click where the green arrow point and not drag the mouse pointer all the way down (like the red arrow).
It is much easier and quicker if you have a touchscreen (like in an iPhone).

Do you support this or plan to?
Attached Files
Touchscreen mode
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 15, 2021 12:42:02 pm EDT
Hello Amit,

Thank you for the clarification.

Do you support this or plan to?

Unfortunately, the touchscreen in the mobile Viewer does not work this way yet. However, we plan to completely revamp mobile Viewer and include a few features, such as full-fledged address book, so perhaps, we will be able to implement a more comfortable way to interact with remote Host when connecting from mobile Viewer. Thank you for the suggestion.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)