Community

Bug : Can not use shift key on host computer

Links used in this discussion
Stephanie Wenburg, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 23, 2021 9:34:29 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
This will sound weird, but I log into my computer for work (which I will call my host), I can not capital any letters.  This is a problem because I'm in the accounting field and passwords need a capital letter.  Also, I can't get any special characters either.   This is with either of my shift keys and this only happens when I'm in my host computer.  I can do everything without and a problem with my main work tower.  I have tried refreshing everything on both ends.  I have tested my keyboard, changed batteries, and check the USB connector for my keyboard. I do no idea what is going I I want to share this bug with others and see if I can help anyone else and bring this hick-up to the attention to the IT.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 23, 2021 4:10:00 pm EDT
Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for your message.

Please make sure that you're using the latest version of Remote Utilities 7.0.2.0 which is available for download on this page. In addition, please double-check that both Host and Viewer are updated to the latest version 7.0.2.0 and there's no version mismatch which can lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Last but not least, please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the feature please also make sure to restart your Host in order for the changes to be applied.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)