Community

Hide toast/pop-up notification

Links used in this discussion
Niles Foster, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 09, 2021 10:13:29 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
There is a toast/pop-up notification that appears in the bottom right in Windows that shows up. However, on my test device it does not show up. Not sure which option I missed during the MSI Configurator setup. Does any one know?
Attached Files
Hide toast/pop-up notification
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 11, 2021 1:11:57 pm EDT
Hello Niles,

Thank you for your message.

This pop-up window is the First Connection Warning which is a special informational window only shown to the remote user the first time a tech connects to the Host computer and only if certain conditions are met.
Please note that the First Connection Warning window can only be closed if the remote user click the OK button when physically present at the remote machine (clicking on the button remotely won't work). After clicking the "OK" button once and closing the pop-up, the window is not displayed on this specific Host machine again.

In addition please note that the First Connection Warning window is only shown if during the configuration process the Internet-ID connection was enabled and the remote tech to the Host machine from a Viewer registered with any license except for PRO or from a Viewer running in a 30-day trial period.
In the following cases the First Connection window will not be displayed on the remote Host machine:
1. If the tech connects from a Viewer registered with a PRO licensed.
2. Host was installed from a vanilla installer or a custom installer with Internet-ID connection disabled (i.e. only Direct connection is allowed).

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)