Community

Not Able to Login to Host - Windows Prompt Screen Showing

Links used in this discussion
Dan Phillip, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 10, 2021 8:59:43 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I am using Version 7.0.2.0 to access a client's computer to monitor his POS system.  The connection was working and suddenly stopped working.  It first starting saying the computer was Off Line and I thought he had turned his computer off.  It was not off.  He played with it yesterday and now when I log in I can see his computer on my dashboard, but when I access it only shows me a black screen with Windows command prompt (see attached). At the top it says the name for his computer (that I setup on my computer) followed by "Terminal".  I think he has something set up wrong, but we have not been able to figure it out.  

Help is appreciated!
Attached Files
Not Able to Login to Host - Windows Prompt Screen Showing
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 10, 2021 12:19:32 pm EST
Hello Dan,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please make sure that you're connecting to the remote Host machine in the Full Control connection mode as described in this tutorial and not in the Terminal mode? Namely, please try switching to the General tab on the Viewer's ribbon toolbar and see if you have Full Control mode selected and not Terminal mode.
Alternatively, please try right-clicking on the remote connection and selecting Full Control in the dropdown menu.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)