Community

Attempt to connect to online host, it goes offline and won't connect

Links used in this discussion
Douglas Crawford, User (Posts: 75)
Dec 27, 2021 4:28:12 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Its probably a unique situation hard to reproduce.  It may have had something to do with the host machine in some sort of distress. RU V7.1.0.0 was used, with WIn10 version 20H2 build 19042.1415 host and the Win7SP1  at the viewer (don't know how to get any better version info on that)  I would look into whether your mechanism for rebooting built into the Power Control is robust enough to work when windows itself is in distress, and add
a low level reboot option if possible.  Though I've offered several times, I think giving you folks access to the host machines in these cases would be the most powerful way for you to experience these rather than trying to reproduce it.

Pauline, Support (Posts: 2836)
Dec 28, 2021 2:37:09 pm EST
Hello Douglas,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please try updating both Viewer and Host to the latest version 7.1.1.0 and see if the issue still persists after updating? We've released an update a couple of days ago with a few minor fixes and improvements, so this might help in resolving the issue.
The latest version available for download on this page. Alternatively, you can just update via the Self-Update feature. Please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version to avoid the version mismatch.

In case if the issue still occurs when using the latest version as well, you can send us the Host logs fr om the remote Host machine wh ere the issue occurs. Please do not publish them on the forum as they might contain some private information - instead you can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.  

Hope that helps.
Dec 28, 2021 3:20:15 pm EST
I'll have to crack the nut of a remote install as I'm not there to complete the GUI dialg boxes.
We'll see.  I really have to be careful about disturbing the running state of the PCs.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2836)
Dec 28, 2021 4:07:01 pm EST
Hello Douglas,

Of course, please feel free to let us know if there are any updates on the issue anytime.
In addition, please note that you can also update your Remote Utilities installation via the Self-Update feature.

Hope that helps.
Dec 28, 2021 8:33:00 pm EST
THANK YOU for the hint on updating.  I'll get to it ASAP.
-DC

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)