Community

Viewer not Updating from server correctly

Links used in this discussion
John Gatschuff, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 16, 2022 11:55:50 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
This problem has been getting progressively worse.
RU Server admin console show 9 hosts as idle, stop a host and the number of idle hosts is reduced. OK that seems to be working.
Open Viewer connect to server address book shows all hosts, at any given time any number of those host show as offline.
Some hosts, which show online and you attempt to connect, the host suddenly goes offline and cannot connect.
I am currently using Viewer and Host 7.1.2.0 and Server 3.2.1.0. This problem has occurred over at least the last  5 versions. It has occurred on more than one viewer.
I love the product and would consider expanding, but not until this problem is corrected.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 17, 2022 4:15:10 pm EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if you've specified the custom server's address on both sides of the connection as described here? In addition, please make sure that the server's DNS name resolves to the IP address properly on all sides of the connection (Host, Viewer and RU Server machines) - if needed, please also try flushing the DNS cache.
Also please try referring to this Internet-ID connection troubleshooting guide and see if any of the solutions listed there help to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.
John Gatschuff, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 17, 2022 5:33:09 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Yes I have, the hosts are visible to the RU Server so it has to be correct. The viewers see the server, the hosts see the server, I can connect to some of the hosts so that connection is working.

I should note, I am self hosted.

Version mismatch is 7.0.2.0 vs 7.1.2.0 and I have connected to other hosts with 7.0.2.0
Hosts are running, the server see them
Server can see host with Inernet ID
Firewall is fine, I can connect to some hosts
No blocking on outbound ports
Using Avast, inbound working because I can access some hosts
Avast shouldn't be blocking outbound traffic, using free version
No proxy required
Cannot login never mind connect
Hosts are shown online, at least some of the time
Self hosted
Can see everything
No Pin Code
Edited:John Gatschuff - Jan 17, 2022 5:50:36 pm EST
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 18, 2022 10:39:45 am EST
Hello John,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case could you please provide us the Host log and the Viewer log files for the examination?
You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com. Please don't publish the log files on the forum since they might contain some personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)