Community

Connection notification banner on host device

Links used in this discussion
John Durchak, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 17, 2022 5:45:37 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I am new to Remote Utilities and I am hoping to make this my go to remote desktop app. I would like to know if there is a way to remove the connection notification banner on the lower right corner on the remote device.  While for the most part this banner is unobtrusive, it can get in the way when trying to access the taskbar on the remote device. I have placed a screenshot in this post to show what I am referring to.

Due to the fact that I am only in need of a single technician side and less then 10 remote devices, I was provided a free license which has been added to the Remote Utilities Viewer.   Do I need to somehow place the license on the remote / host site? or does that have no effect on this banner? I have looked through all the settings on both sides, and searched the help center online but was unable to find anything about this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Attached Files
Connection notification banner on host device
John Durchak, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 17, 2022 6:26:39 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have noticed something interesting during some testing.  I wanted to see what the difference was between the "Remote Installation" and using the Agent instead, and when I use the agent, that banner does not show. It only seems to sow when using the Remote Install.

Now this begs the question. If the remote can be started and reboot and PC start up, then really what is the difference other then possibly that the Agent acts more like a Portable App? They both seem to have the same setting available, so I am no sure I understand how they are different other then the actual installation process of the Remote.

I hope someone can help clear this up for me. Cheers
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 18, 2022 11:18:03 am EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

This connection alert is persistent and cannot be removed. The notification was added for security reasons and is displayed for all trial and free license users when Internet-ID connection method is used.
However, the connection alert can be clicked through (for example, like Windows activation message). The connection warning is also not displayed for Direct connections even for users with Free licenses or in trial mode.

I wanted to see what the difference was between the "Remote Installation" and using the Agent instead, and when I use the agent, that banner does not show.

Please note that Agent is a no-install module used for spontaneous remote sessions - Agent does not require installation and can be run by a standard Windows user (i.e. without admin privileges). In addition, please note that Agent's window is persistent as well (i.e. it's displayed on the desktop and not just as an icon in the system tray) - the session is active only as long as Agent is running (if you close Agent's window the session is terminated immediately).

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)