Community

using remote install I get Host files not found! - 2

Links used in this discussion
john kumpf, User (Posts: 85)
Feb 05, 2022 12:57:32 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
On Windows 10, running portable viewer v7.1.2.0 not elevated, free license, running remote install.

Remote Utilities security

Upd ate host

Browse to the host7.1.2.0.msi file on the local computer.

(instructions don't explicitly say the path there is a local path; could be a remote path? I tried both--same result.)

In the Action log window I get:

***** Start of log *****
Date: 2/5/2022 12:36:01 AM
Action: install/upgrade.
Checking files of the Host.
Host files not found!
I have checked the path to the local host7.1.2.0.msi file, and checked its hash against the one on the website download page. Everything checks out. I can execute that .msi file on the local computer. I even copied it and tried to specify the copied file. Same result.

The remote machine is Windows Server 2019 running installed host v6.10.10.0.

I have BitDefender antivirus that is complaining about these files. But I have se t these files as Exclusions and I have BitDefender's real-time protection turned off during this entire operation.

What should I try next?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Feb 05, 2022 9:48:26 am EST
Hi John,

I removed all the spawned topics and left the first one undeleted for now, for our webmaster to investigate. Thanks for letting us know.

(instructions don't explicitly say the path there is a local path; could be a remote path? I tried both--same result.)

Yes, it should be a local path or a network path, if the file is located on a remote machine directly accessible via a Windows network.

The remote machine is Windows Server 2019 running installed host v6.10.10.0.

Could you provide a screenshot of the Remote Install window with the options that you selected before you clicked Process Action?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)