Community

UNINSTALL HOST

Links used in this discussion
Sid Fleisher, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 19, 2022 2:33:26 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I did the uninstall from the control panel. Now the instructions say go to regedit to remove registry keys. It doesn't tell me the navigation steps to get to wh ere the key is stored.  There is no search function on regedit. Please assist
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Jul 20, 2022 6:10:06 am EDT
Hello Sid,

Thank you for your message.

Here are the registry editor levels you need to navigate to in order delete the Host’s registry key:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
2. SOFTWARE
3. Usoris
4. Remote Utilities Host
You need to delete the Remote Utilities Host section you locate on Step 4.
For full uninstallation please also make sure to remove folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host.

Hope they helps.
Sid Fleisher, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 20, 2022 8:54:12 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
That should do it. If you go to the instructions to Uninstall Host, there is no information on pathing, just go to REGEDIT. (May want to recommend updating the documentation to avoid this question) The Software>Usoris was what was needed. I will try tonight when I get home, but I believe that this is all I needed. Thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Jul 20, 2022 1:32:09 pm EDT
Hello Sid,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that our step-by-step uninstallation guide already provides the exact registry key that needs to be deleted on Step 3:

In Windows Search type in "regedit" and press Enter to open the registry editor:
For Host 6.3 or earlier, delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Remote Utilities\.
For Host 6.5 or later, delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)