Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] some applications are unusable (blank from remote)

Links used in this discussion
tony dolce, User (Posts: 9)
Apr 28, 2023 2:01:55 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello all, I'm trying to use Flippingbook Publisher application on windows 10 installed at office from my home using remote utilities.
All other applications runs normally, but this one opens as a blank canvas: unusable.
How can I do to make it work?
RU free is updated both on the host and the remote.
TIA for any help.
Tony
Attached Files
[Resolved] some applications are unusable (blank from remote)
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 28, 2023 3:07:40 pm EDT
Hello Tony,

Thank you for your message.

Please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the feature please make sure to restart your Host to apply changes.
If this doesn’t help, please also try enabling the Capture alpha-blending windows feature following this guide.

Hope that helps.
May 02, 2023 3:51:36 pm EDT
Hello Pauline,
thanks for your reply.
I tried all of your suggestions but nothing changes, unfortunately.
Tony
May 02, 2023 6:17:16 pm EDT
Hello Tony,

In case if you only notice this behavior with one specific software, it might be the software-related issue. Are you able to test this out by connecting to any other Host computer and see if the same issue with the Flippingbook Publisher software occurs as well or if it's persistent to only one Host machine?

Looking forward to your reply.
May 04, 2023 3:33:14 am EDT
Hello Pauline,
it seems that the problem (for me) is related to the windows application "FlippingBook Publisher 2021.2".
I have no issues with all other installed applications.
HTH
Tony
May 04, 2023 11:22:55 am EDT
Hello Tony,

Unfortunately, in this case we won't be able to assist you with this issue since third-party software related issues are beyond the scope of our technical support. We suggest that you contact the FlippingBook Publisher support team and let them know about the issue - perhaps, they already have a workaround for that or they might fix it in their next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)