Community

Screen-recorder reuse the previous recording file due to hibernate

Mahtab Hussain, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 07, 2023 5:43:04 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
The Remote Utility Employee wishes you a good day:

This is Mahtab. To increase the allowed number of connected devices, I purchased a license for Remote Utility, which was a wise decision.

However, I have noticed an issue with the Remote Utility Screen Recording feature for at least a week. Let me lay out the entire scenario.
On one system, I've enabled screen recording and installed the most recent version of Remote Utility Host (7.1.7.0). Each day, the user completes their tasks and then hibernates the system. But after using hibernations for more than three days straight, the screen recorder begins using the previous recording file instead of creating a new one for the current day Screen-recorder reuse the previous recording file due to hibernate - 07 Sep 2023 05:29:05.
The next day's time and date are displayed by the Window 10 Calendar and the screen recorder reuses the previous day's recording file rather than creating a new one.

When the user restarts or shuts down the system, the problem is resolved.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 07, 2023 4:13:27 pm EDT
Hello Hussain,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that the Screen Recording process re-writes the existing screen recordings from a previous day when the remote Host machine is not restarted, but hibernated instead? If this is the case, I'll forward the issue to our developers to see if we're able to reproduce this in our environment and, if so, implement a fix for this behavior in our future updates.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Mahtab Hussain, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 07, 2023 11:50:16 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Pauline, I appreciate the quick reply.

Yes, Pauline, when the remote host system doesn't use restart or shutdown mode but instead constantly hibernates for more than two or three days, the screen recording process overwrites the previous day's screen recordings.

Restarting the Remote Utility host service also resolves this problem.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 08, 2023 2:34:02 pm EDT
Hello Hussain,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll forward the issue to our developers for a review so that we can try and reproduce it in our environment.

I'll let you know if there are any updates on this.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)