Community

Remote Keyboard Priority

Carlos Thomas, User (Posts: 19)
Jun 01, 2018 4:46:59 am EDT
Hi there. Apologies for the multiple threads - need to separate the issues and requests. Again - thanks for the work you've done so far - keep it up! Excellent product!

So I noticed connecting from a W7 desktop to a W7 laptop that the remote keyboard takes priority even when you lock remote input. The "CAPS LOCK" key was on remotely and nothing I did locally would override it. Any thoughts on how this could be fixed? Am I overlooking an option?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 01, 2018 9:44:14 am EDT
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the report.

And what about other keys? Did they work?
Carlos Thomas, User (Posts: 19)
Jun 01, 2018 10:50:37 am EDT
All keys function fine - but I was unable to type regular text without holding SHIFT on my end due to CAPS LOCK being on at the remote end. Originally this was found out when setting a password - I just checked it again within a text document and realize that turning on the CAPS LOCK on my end effectively turns it off on the other end. Strangely though, when I was putting in the password and holding SHIFT from my end it was still putting in capital letters. Not sure why. Is there a way to bind the keyboards at both ends or give the priority to mine? By binding I mean ensuring that whichever lock keys (caps, scroll, num) would synchronize on both machines.

Thanks again for your quick response. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)