Community

Does remote mac viewer printing work

Links used in this discussion
Philip Sbrana-Browning, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 11, 2020 10:18:11 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have tried to get this to print but it does not pop up the printer on the MacBook Pro, as it does in Windows, I press print at the Remote host Windows 10 (6.12.b2) select Remote Utilities Printer.  But it does not popup on the Macbook to allow me to print.  On Windows it pops up a dialog that allows me to print or save.  Is this feature not yet enabled in 1.0.5qBeta 5
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 11, 2020 3:57:42 pm EST
Hello Philip,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, unfortunately, the Beta version of Viewer for Mac/Linux has limited functionality and more features will be added at later stages, including the Remote Printing feature. You can see the full list of available features that have been included in the most recent Beta in the first post on this page.

However, please note that we plan to release an updated version of Viewer for Mac/Linux in a few months and we will make sure to update the list of available features as soon as they're implemented. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
fNefwZzGuKOn, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 04, 2022 10:08:24 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Is there a time line for adding remote printing to the Mac Viewer? Thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 04, 2022 3:11:58 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we can't provide any specific ETA on the Remote Printing feature for Viewer for Mac/Linux yet. We'll do our best to make it available as soon as we can. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)