Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Forum Question

Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Jan 27, 2023 10:44:06 am EST
Asking for a friend... Is this the new answer? Instead of just telling us "we are sorry, we are working on it, we expect it to be released soon" year after year after year, you will just close the discussion down? THAT says a lot about your intentions, at least to me.

Instead of that, how about you actually deliver on what you have been promising for the past three years?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 27, 2023 2:52:37 pm EST
Hello Allan,

I locked the previous thread in order to keep it civil and to the point. I understand your frustration with the delay and have apologized in the previous thread for that once again, but please understand that this is a technical support forum and I'm just a support representative and not one of the developers, so I'm not able to affect or somehow speed up the release of Host for Mac. I simply delegate the information provided to me by our development department and since they say that there's no ETA for the release, that's the information I'm able to provide to our users. This question is brought up repeatedly and we respond to every single question about the release date, but we have to keep the conversation on our forum civil, so the forum is efficient and helpful to all users who might face technical issues with our software.
Please also note that I've renamed this thread since duplicated threads are not allowed on our forum.

Thank you.
Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Jan 27, 2023 4:44:14 pm EST
I understand your frustration at only being a support representative, and the need to keep the forums civil and productive. But I am sure that you have seen where myself and others have quoted the forum administrators as saying  things like "in a couple months", "by the end of the year" and "very soon", and some of these quotes are three years old.

This is the way we have to communicate with you as a company, and although you may not be a developer, YOU are the contact person with the company and represent ALL of them to us. If you can not honestly answer our questions, I would first ask why you did answer it repeatedly with things that turned out to be way incorrect, and then ask that you find someone in your company who can answer these questions and has the power to make things actually happen.

We can all understand delays, but when three months turns into three years with absolutely no real estimate to when it will be even in beta, we wonder if the previous comments were that wrong, lies, or a combination of the two. Can you blame us?

You say you want to keep things civil, I would argue that the absolute best way to keep things civil, keep everyone calm, and keep the discussions productive is to deliver on what you say. When you say, as you did three years ago, that you estimate it will take a few months, then DO THAT. Don't make excuses, do what you say!

Here is something to think about. A person or company, who repeatedly tells you something and then does not do what they say over a long period of time is a ______________. You fill in the blank.

I ** HATE ** being this way online. But what choice do we have? We ask, you say something like 'soon', we leave for months. We come back, we ask again, same answer. We do this over and over again for literal years. What other choice do we have but to get more and more agitated, more and more upset, and start raising our voices? Please, tell me, what other avenues can we pursue to get you to live up to what you have been promising?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 28, 2023 12:57:07 am EST
Hello Alan,

Sorry that it took the Mac/Linux host longer than it expected. We will do our best to release the first public beta as soon as possible.  

Thank you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)