Community

Toolbar usability - address book

Links used in this discussion
Marshall Kass, User (Posts: 3)
Sep 27, 2020 10:27:35 am EDT
There are a few shortcomings on the toolbar
1.  There is only a pin/unpin mode.  The toolbar often obscures a clickable portion of the hosting screen (minimize, close, etc.).  The only way to work with it is to either move the underlying window, or unpin (hide) the toolbar from the top.  Why can't it just be moved out of the way?  The fixed location poses issues, especially when on a smaller screen accessing a host with a larger screen.
2.  The tool bar should be customizable, adding the CTRL-ALT-DEL, copy and paste functions seems a lot more important and functional than the console and the two view manager buttons. If you ask around, I will bet the copy, paste, CTRL-AL-DEL are the most used functions and are difficult to access and I am equally sure that the fixed toolbar is problematic for more than just me.
3.  The address book does not integrate with the mobile app, making the mobile app all but useless unless you've memorized all the internet ids of your PCs.  Otherwise, how do you connect with a PC you have previously set up?

It is a great product, but it lacks some simple usability features which would make it easier to use and to sell.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 28, 2020 4:21:49 pm EDT
Hello Marshall,

Thank you for your message.

1. There is only a pin/unpin mode. Why can't it just be moved out of the way? The fixed location poses issues, especially when on a smaller screen accessing a host with a larger screen.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll forward this to our developers for a review to see if we can implement this feature in our future updates.

The tool bar should be customizable, adding the CTRL-ALT-DEL, copy and paste functions seems a lot more important and functional than the console and the two view manager buttons.

Please note that the Send Ctrl+Alt+Del command, Get remote clipboard/Set remote clipboard and other commands are already available in the Additional Commands menu. You need to click the corresponding icon on the Toolbar to invoke the dropdown menu with additional commands:
Toolbar usability - address book - 28 Sep 2020 04:07:56

3. The address book does not integrate with the mobile app, making the mobile app all but useless unless you've memorized all the internet ids of your PCs. Otherwise, how do you connect with a PC you have previously set up?

Please note that even though the full-fledged address book is yet to be available in the mobile Viewer, it still keeps the Internet-ID codes/IP addresses of the remote Hosts you've previously connected to from this app - it's available as a drop-down list and can be invoked by tapping on the three dots located in the Host's address field:
Toolbar usability - address book - 28 Sep 2020 04:26:32
However, the full-fledged address book will be implemented in our future updates along with the improved version of the mobile Viewer app.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)