New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

can I send a print job from viewer to host?

Links used in this discussion
James T, User (Posts: 4)
Jun 19, 2021 10:51:50 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Looks like all docs have it going the other way..
Printer is a shared network printer on same subnet as host. (and its a shared printer on host win PC)
I tried to install a printer in control panel on viewer machine but it couldnt find it while connected to host??
all Windows 10 machines.
James T, User (Posts: 4)
Jun 20, 2021 11:38:58 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I guess what I might be asking is can I create a VPN between viewer and host, then I can just install the printer driver and I should be good to go.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 21, 2021 3:59:16 pm EDT
Hello James,

Thank you for your message.

When using the Remote Printing feature you should be able to print a remote document on your local printer, i.e. some document that is stored on the Host machine can be printed on your local Viewer side. The Printer Driver is installed on the Host's side as well and can be installed directly from the Host Settings window - Printer tab.
If you need to print a document from your Viewer computer on a remote printer, then you can simply connect to the remote Host via the File Transfer mode or Full Control mode and then print the file directly from the Host machine via the remote printer.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)