Community

Detected by antiviruses

Links used in this discussion
david winsal, User (Posts: 4)
Jul 01, 2021 7:50:03 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey,

I cant install the host in my company's computers which has avast installed, Avast keep deleting the host right after the download.

Regards,
Attached Files
Detected by antiviruses Detected by antiviruses
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 01, 2021 8:31:59 am EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for the report. Have you tried contacting Avast with this issue? Unfortunately, we cannot update their signature databases to remove the false positive. Only they can.
Jul 01, 2021 9:25:44 am EDT
It's flagged by 6 antiviruses, it would be better if you contacted them to whitelist your product, you're the only one they will take seriously about this problem.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 01, 2021 11:20:58 am EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know if the detected file is a custom installation package configured via our MSI Configurator Tool? If this is the case, then please note that our vanilla Host installation package does not have these detects, please see here.
In cases when a custom installer is detected, we recommend that you add the directory with the file to your antivirus's exception list and then report a false positive as described here.
We will surely contact Avast regarding this detect, however, please note that they will more likely reply and assist their current existing customer. Moreover, they will most likely request you to send the detected file for the analysis, so that they can remove the false positive.

One more thing that we can recommend in this case is that in case if you've selected the Legacy Configurator option when configuring the installer, please try generating the installation package once again with the Online configurator option selected instead as it provides you with a digitally signed output file.

Please note, that unfortunately, our assistance with antivirus software related issues is limited. If Remote Utilities is falsely detected and/or removed from your system by antivirus software, please contact the antivirus software vendor. We do not have direct control over how Remote Utilities is treated by third-party security software. For more information please see our Support Policy. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope that helps.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 01, 2021 11:22:23 am EDT
Hello David,

We are not responsible for poor code and quality of antivirus software vendors, especially noname vendors who are not even bothering responding to false positive reports. Antiviris software industry is in dismal state nowadays, they bring more harm than good. I wouldn't even take them and their 'detections' seriously, they have nothing to do with real security.
Jul 02, 2021 9:40:15 am EDT
Polina,
Thank you for your helpful comment.

I created the host using the Online configurator ➔ One-Click package.
I just created another one now which didnt get flagged by avg and avast like the old one, if it got flagged i'll report a false positive to the antivirus.
Attached Files
Detected by antiviruses
Jul 02, 2021 9:40:51 am EDT
Conrad Sallian,
Exactly, the majority of antiviruses are worthless, only the top 20 who count.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 02, 2021 10:05:04 am EDT
Hello David,

I'm glad it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)