New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working

Links used in this discussion
Igor Pomelov, User (Posts: 5)
Jun 08, 2021 6:37:18 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello!
Sorry, I don't speak English well.

Steps:
I open FileManager. I find the exe-file . Click F9. In the window I click "Execute". I open TaskManager. Click "Refresh". In TaskManager I search this programm.
Result:
The program is not running. In version 6 these programs were launched. Doesn't work in stealth mode either
Examples in attachment.
Windows version 10 Pro.
Attached Files
Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 08, 2021 12:19:28 pm EDT
Hello Igor,

Thank you for your message.

Please, update your Viewer and Host installations to the latest version 7.0.2.0 https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/
Jun 08, 2021 1:19:03 pm EDT
I found this problem on version 7.0.2.0 (release date: 07.05.2021).
Attached Files
Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working
Edited:Igor Pomelov - Jun 08, 2021 1:19:28 pm EDT
Jun 09, 2021 3:44:22 pm EDT
Hello Igor,

Thank you for the details. We will test this case again and let you know.
Jun 10, 2021 2:38:44 pm EDT
Hello,

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you tell us what additional options in the Execute mode window you enable/use?
Jun 10, 2021 4:29:43 pm EDT
Hello.
Examples in attachment (launch in normal mode and in hidden mode).
Host.exe is installed on Windows 10 (x86). Viewer.exe is installed on Windows 10 (x64).
Program execute data is logged? If so where?
Maybe the required libraries are missing?
Attached Files
Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working Version 7.0.2.0. File launch not working
Edited:Igor Pomelov - Jun 11, 2021 4:55:27 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 21, 2021 2:02:22 pm EDT
Hello Igor,

Thank you for the provided details.

In addition, could you please let us know if the issue persists when you try running the programs with the Use system account checkbox enabled, or when you try using the Run as... feature?

In case if the issue persists even, then please feel free to send us the Host log files for examination. The Host logs can be located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\. Please do not post the logs on the forum, you can send them to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jul 10, 2021 6:40:27 am EDT
Hello. Sorry for waiting.
The logs were sent to the e-mail. First running without the Use system account checkbox, second running  with the Use system account checkbox.
Running the program using the system account works.
Jul 12, 2021 8:53:01 am EDT
Hello Igor,

Thank you for the provided log file.

I've examined the log file, but haven't noticed any error entries in it. Since running the program using the system account works, then it might mean that running this program simply requires some elevated privileges, but since you've mentioned that you were able to run the same software in the previous versions of Remote Utilities, there might be something else causing the issue.  
I will forward the log file along with the issue description to our developers and will ask for their input on this.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Jul 13, 2021 2:34:51 pm EDT
Hello Igor,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the issue with our developers - this is expected behavior which occurs due to a number of fixes which were implemented in the latest versions of Remote Utilities. In this case, please continue running the program with the Use system account checkbox enabled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)