Community

Drag and Drop rarely functions

Links used in this discussion
Tyler Hayes, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 19, 2021 10:05:01 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Viewer 7.0.2.0
Server 3.0.1.0

My colleagues and I have noticed that the Drag and Drop functionality rarely works. These connections are through Internet-ID and we seem to have better luck pulling files from the remote machine.

Even giving it time (around 4 - 5 seconds) does not change the cursor.

I've noticed previous threads regarding this but none have a solid answer.

Are there plans to improve this functionality? It may not be crucial, but incredibly handy to have this stable.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 19, 2021 11:01:24 am EDT
Hello Tyler,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if the remote Hosts are updated to the version 7.0.2.0 as well? If the Host's version mismatches with the Viewer's version then this might be also affecting the issue since we've implemented a few fixes and improvements for the Drag and Drop feature in the recent updates. You can update your remote Hosts to the most recent version 7.0.2.0 using the Self-Update feature.

In case if both Host and Viewer are updated to the latest version 7.0.2.0 but the issue still persists, please let us know the extension formats of some of the files you're transferring and their approximate sizes? I'll forward this to our development department to see if we're able to reproduce the issue and implement a fix for it in the future updates.

Looking forward to your reply.
Tyler Hayes, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 19, 2021 1:28:02 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Both are on 7.0.2.0. It doesn't appear to be limited to certain file types. So far I have run through .jpgs, zip, doc, xls, and more of the standard file types. All with hit or miss success. File sizes range from 400kb to a few mbs.

Moving files from the remote session to the viewer machine appears to have zero issue.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 19, 2021 2:44:01 pm EDT
Hello Tyler,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward this information to our development department for a review to see if we can reproduce the issue and improve the Drag and Drop feature in our future updates.
Meanwhile as a temporary workaround please try using the File Transfer connection mode.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)