Community

Frequent disconnects

Links used in this discussion
William1, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 02, 2014 8:44:50 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I have been experiencing frequent disconnects in the middle of remote sessions.  

Automatic reconnection usually takes 10-15 seconds but it can be very disruptive as the screen settings reset upon reconnection.

I am running host ver 5.6.0.6 on Windows 7 and portable viewer ver 5.6.0.6.  It does not appear to be an internet data issue as I have been able to stay on a remote session for 3-4 hours consecutively using  [censored] , but on Remote Utilities I am getting disconnected every 20-30 minutes.

Thanks.
Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 209)
Apr 04, 2014 9:41:05 am EDT
Hello, William.

Thank you for your message.

Could you please send me both Host and Viewer log files after one of these disconnects.

Here is how you can enable event log in Viewer:
Tools -> Options -> Event log -> check Use event log and Store to disk checkboxes.
Then you can find log file in your %AppData%\Remote Utilities Files\EventLog\ directory.
Apr 08, 2014 3:51:31 pm EDT
Hello, William.

Thank you for your reply.

We have created a new support ticket for this issue. You will receive a reply via e-mail shortly.
Apr 21, 2014 9:45:15 am EDT
Hi Anton, I have replied twice with the ping logs but have not received a reply and the system keeps on auto-closing the support ticket.  Can you look into this?  Thanks.
Apr 21, 2014 10:19:11 am EDT
Hello, William.

Your ticket was automatically closed, because we have no reply from you for 7 days. Sorry for that. I've opened it again, please send your answer and we will try to resolve your issue.
Apr 22, 2014 9:35:39 pm EDT
Hi Anton,

The message board system will not let me paste in the content of the ping logs.  I am pasting it in as plain text but keep on getting a message saying missing message text.  The same thing happens when I try to message you directly through the support system.  Is there anyway I can email you the logs directly?
Apr 23, 2014 9:36:45 am EDT
Hello, William.

You can send logs to support@remote-utilities.com
dont spam, User (Posts: 5)
Sep 25, 2014 2:44:24 am EDT
Hi, having exactly the same issue. Did this issue got resolved and if so, how?!

BR
Henrik
on2it AB - IT consulting, Virtualization and Storage experts
Sep 25, 2014 6:56:08 am EDT
Hello Henrik,

Thank you for your message.

This issue was solved by changing the connection to direct through the IP-adress instead of the Internet-ID. But this option is not available for machines without external IP-adress.
Could you please send me your Host log file so that I could help you. You can find it in C:\Program Files\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs folder.

Looking forward to your reply.
dont spam, User (Posts: 5)
Sep 30, 2014 3:40:43 am EDT
Sent you the log files yesterday!  

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)