Community

Cannot connect to any of my clients

Links used in this discussion
Keith Evans, User (Posts: 23)
Oct 16, 2021 11:32:57 pm EDT
no agent running on my Viewer machine, i also use the Internet server for IDs, Running latest updates to Windows 10, there was an update recently , but after half my clients disconnected the other day and reconnected a few hours later, only my office client did not reconnect. all the clients are distributed around the country as they are used as playout machines for radio services. The remote units are running Windows 10 , but are locked down and do not receive and updates etc, they are all standalone with various connectivity methods, 4G dongles some on LAN etc, oh have Google remote desktop for them as a back door incase
Edited:Keith Evans - Oct 16, 2021 11:33:45 pm EDT
Asaf Tevet, User (Posts: 19)
Oct 16, 2021 11:37:01 pm EDT
I don't think the OS is a factor here nor any possible updates. I definitely think something on the backend - possibly the server change that was posted, possibly a DNS/caching issue... but definitely not something on the client end. I think the google remote might be a good backup moving forward...
Oct 16, 2021 11:47:11 pm EDT
just a handy hint with Google create a new account specifically for the remote desktop usage that can stay logged in the background, the downside with Google is more susceptible to bandwidth issue etc, hence why i onle use it as a back, Remote Utilities is the best i have found, we even have a cooperate  [censored] account which apart from being horrendously expensive again is also bandwidth hungry
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 17, 2021 5:48:09 am EDT
Hello Asaf,

For testing/isolating the issue, could you do the following:

1. Back up your current address book.
2. Close Viewer and delete the address book from the %appdata%\Remote Utilities Files\ folders (connections_4.xml).
3. Start Viewer,  add a new connection to one of your Hosts and see if you can connect.
Oct 17, 2021 7:51:57 am EDT
Hi Conrad - thanks for the response. Unfortunately I've tried this already and it doesn't fix the issue. I started with a blank address book and added a connection that I know exists and should show as online but can not view it because it shows as offline in the viewer and also as grey on the agent I'm trying to connect to.
At this point none of the agents I have installed in my home are working - they're all showing as offline on the agent side.
All the ones I've checked so far are showing a relay redirect to the following IP address: 192.119.14.178
and an error code 96.
This wouldn't doesn't seem like something that is on the user end, this would be something on the internet server end if it is affecting multiple agents, and multiple RUT users.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 17, 2021 2:56:27 pm EDT
Hello Asaf,

Also responded via the tickets. As of multiple RUT users - so far only two users from Australia are having this issue. We have even restarted our Australian servers to be sure that it's not some hind of hang or glitch. But as I mentioned in the ticket - there hasn't been a single downtime these days (well, for many days, to be honest).
Ken Lee, User (Posts: 6)
Oct 17, 2021 9:09:31 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi All,
Firstly I'm a newby to the community. I've been using Remote Utilities (and recommending it) for about 6 months or more with little trouble. My ISP is also iiNet AU and since Friday the 15th Oct I haven't been able to access any of my host PC's. I thought it may have been a gitch with RU Internet servers but have since been following this post and have done all the recommendations but to no avail - still can't connect. I have checked some of the Host PC's and they state 'Ready for connection'. Accessed one of my hosts with a 'Teamviewer' account and used the RU Viewer on that PC (also on iiNet ISP but different location) to remote access a couple of my know hosts and the RU Viewer worked fine. How bazzar - any help appreciated.
Attached Files
Cannot connect to any of my clients
Oct 17, 2021 9:54:31 pm EDT
It definitely seems to be something related to the iiNet and TPG networks... TPG does own iiNet so I'm assuming they share various similar infrastructure and configurations.
So far RUT haven't provided any information to be able to wotk with the ISP to resolve this which is quite disappointing. I have a ticket logged and am hoping they'll give it ome priority.
Ken - are you able to connect your computer to a mobile phone and see if your clients are visible? that's my workaround right now...  I'm looking for a permanent fix though.

Just remembered - Ken - what region are you in where it doesn't work? and what region did you connect to using your  [censored] where it worked?

I'm in Sydney
Edited:Asaf Tevet - Oct 17, 2021 9:55:48 pm EDT
Oct 17, 2021 10:14:10 pm EDT
i have lodged a ticket with my IT dept , as now no connections work while i am on the network but what is interesting is while on my own connection if i have logged into the clients and the icon is green, then swap to corporate network i can reconnect to any previous logged in, so i suspect they have been playing with port blocking for security reasons, they have definitely blocked outgoing as soon as i connect the test clients in workshop to other network all works, so in my case not 100% sure this is an external issue
Edited:Keith Evans - Oct 17, 2021 10:16:16 pm EDT
Oct 17, 2021 10:33:05 pm EDT
Keith - can you try testing again after you close the viewer? so you were on another network, connected fine and can view your agents, then you switch to the corporate network and you can still connect to the ones you already connected to. I suspect that the moment you close/reopen your viewer you once again won't be able to...

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)