Community

Cannot connect to any of my clients

Links used in this discussion
Keith Evans, User (Posts: 23)
Oct 17, 2021 10:37:17 pm EDT
yes sorry should have said that also, if i shut down viewer and restart it then correct no longer available
Asaf Tevet, User (Posts: 19)
Oct 17, 2021 10:39:26 pm EDT
this kinda takes your IT infrastructure out of the picture. If you can connect off the network, then join the network and can still connect - your firewall rules are applying the same rules/policies to your outgoing traffic. Once you restart your viewer it stops working... nothing changes on the firewall side...
Ken Lee, User (Posts: 6)
Oct 17, 2021 11:02:22 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Asaf,
Firstly I am in Perth WA. I have tried what you suggested and 'hotspotted 4g' via my mobile phone, while my mobile signal isn't great it did make all my hosts come back online - so definitely seems to be a iiNet/TPG related issue but very strangle as I stated some of my local hosts are with iiNet and as soon as I accessed via 4g all came online as if its random IP blocked. Anyway, hopefully RU can resolve the issue soon. Have to wait patiently I suppose and for now 'Hot-Spot 4g via Mobile'. Thanks
Oct 17, 2021 11:24:00 pm EDT
one of the things iInet offers is static IPs which our network requires , but i am starting to think that it maybe Provider related also
Oct 17, 2021 11:29:34 pm EDT
In my Agent log I see error relating to IP: 192.119.14.178. Can anyone else check their Agent log - this is for an agent that is greyed out - and see if the same IP address comes up... screenshot attached for reference.
This can be accessed via the agent under logging \ show logs folder - choose the latest log file. Its talking about a relay redirect... not sure if it is significant...
Attached Files
Cannot connect to any of my clients
Oct 17, 2021 11:50:12 pm EDT
my agent error is showing connection time out port 443 id server timeout, which is behind our corporate firewall, which i that case is being blocked as to viewer when i restart all icons are offline ... and this is my error log once again port 443 which again i suspect is blocked on our network, IT have been very aggressive lately closing ports for security
18-10-2021__03:43:39__593 Connection #493784. Connection to "1.KIX Agnes Water NUC". Mode: <Authorization>. Connecting...
18-10-2021__03:43:39__593 InetConnection #493784. Internet connection to 1.KIX Agnes Water NUC (id70.remoteutilities.com:5655).
18-10-2021__03:43:49__598 InetConnection to internet-id server #493784 Error. Name: "1.KIX Agnes Water NUC", host: "id70.remoteutilities.com:5655". Exception class: "EIdConnectTimeout". Message: "Connect timed out.".
18-10-2021__03:43:50__648 Check ID Connection. Connecting...: "id70.remoteutilities.com:5655".
18-10-2021__03:43:59__603 InetConnection to internet-id server #493784 Error. Name: "1.KIX Agnes Water NUC", host: "id70.remoteutilities.com:443". Exception class: "EIdConnectTimeout". Message: "Connect timed out.".
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 18, 2021 1:32:53 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the provided logs. The log entries display that Hosts/Agent cannot connect to our intermediary servers on both ports 5655 and 443. Since all of the cases seem to be related to the same ISP, could you please try contacting the TPG/iiNet and submitting a ticket and asking them to investigate the issue regarding our RU servers being blocked?

We could try contacting them ourselves but, unfortunately they most likely won't react since we are not their customers. So the best way to go would be if you send a ticket to the TPG/iiNet ISPs and describe the issue since if they see multiple reports from their own customers then they will most likely react and investigate the issue promptly.
Once they respond, you could get their direct contact information or redirect them to us by providing them with our contact information such as our direct support email support@remoteutilities.com. We could then try to resolve the issue directly with them.

Please let us know if you hear anything back from the TPG/iiNet providers.
Oct 18, 2021 6:40:21 pm EDT
Hi guys - I've logged a call with TPG this morning and am now waiting for it to be escalated and for an engineer to get back to me in the next day or so. I'll post an update once they do.
Oct 18, 2021 9:15:21 pm EDT
Hi All,
I have logged a support request with iiNet too but aren't holding my breath as I feel they will comeback as 'nothing is blocked' by them attitude. Anyway, I will update if anything is heard - until then '4g Hot Spot' seems to work for me, at least when I get kicked off one of the 3  [censored] seats we have..
Oct 18, 2021 9:17:17 pm EDT
UPDATE: Not sure who's support ticket worked to iiNet or TPG but all my client are online as of just now - whoohoo!!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)