Community

All connections are offline

Links used in this discussion
john Randal, User (Posts: 120)
Nov 14, 2021 4:22:45 pm EST
I guess you people have taken down your transport server, Im getting all connection unanavailbe no matter what I try on . 4:20PM EST
Nov 14, 2021 4:23:53 pm EST
Can someone go kick your routing server to get it back online..
Edited:john Randal - Nov 14, 2021 6:54:25 pm EST
Nov 14, 2021 6:54:42 pm EST
Looked at my log file and seeing this..

Address: id70.remoteutilities.com; Port: 443; Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused.(EIdSocketError)

I think Malwarebytes is blocking you all again
Edited:john Randal - Nov 14, 2021 9:17:10 pm EST
Nov 15, 2021 8:23:09 am EST
Its working now but my malwarebytes was poping up that it was blocking the site: id.remoteutilites.com

wasnt just one compyter had all of them doing it..
Zach Musselman, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 15, 2021 9:41:51 am EST
Support level: Endpoint
Having same issue with all internet ID connected machines.
Edited:Zach Musselman - Nov 15, 2021 9:42:40 am EST
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Nov 15, 2021 10:06:43 am EST
Hello John and Zach,

Thank you for your messages.

It appears that access to our servers at id.remoteutilities.com is being blocked by Malwarebytes. However, we've noticed that some of our users have already submitted this False Positive to them and the Malwarebytes team has responded that this will be fixed soon in their next database update. Please also see this post on the Malwarebytes forum.

Zach, please note that we've already responded to the ticket you've submitted. However, meanwhile please try adding the DNS name id.remoteutilities.com that points to our Internet-ID servers to an exception/allow list and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Larry E. Taylor, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 15, 2021 10:46:31 pm EST
I have noticed something that sounds like this problem.  My office is in California, but I am currently in Indiana helping a client get a new server installed.  I use Remote Utilities to keep connected to all clients from my office in California and via my laptop when traveling.

I am using Remote Utilities PRO v7.0.2.0 and on my office system (in California) I can load the Viewer, but there is NO LIST of systems... and on my laptop (in Indiana), I get a 'EReadError' or 'Stream Read Error' and NOTHING shows and the Viewing Form does not fully render itself.

I am 'Dead-In-The-Water' for my clients.
Nov 16, 2021 8:04:43 am EST
Hello Larry,

Thank you for your message.

These issues with your Viewers might be occurring due to the Viewer's configuration file being somehow damaged/corrupted (for example, by some antivirus/firewall software activity).

Please, try the following:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings, i.e. your address books won't be affected by this action but you will need to register Viewer with your license key once again following this guide.

However, since you have mentioned that your address book connections are also missing on one of your Viewers, please try restoring the address book from an automatically created backup file by following this guide.
Please note that the automatic daily backups for address books are enabled by default and include the general (default) address book as well as any custom address book that was added to the Viewer. All backups are stored in the following location: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\backups\.

In case if resetting the Viewer's configuration file does not help to resolve the issue, please also try fully uninstalling Viewer as described in this tutorial. After uninstalling please reboot the Viewer PC and try re-installing Viewer from scratch. However, before uninstallation please make sure to copy a backup of your address book from the folder listed above, so you can restore your connections later.

Last but not least, in case if you have any antivirus/firewall software installed on your Viewer machines, please make sure to add the Viewer installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Viewer\* to the exception list to avoid similar issues in the future.

Hope that helps.
Larry E. Taylor, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 16, 2021 11:45:53 am EST
FIXED!

Thanks, Pauline!  I followed your instructions on the laptop that I am using on my Indiana trip and was able to completely resolve the problem.  I also appreciated the included explanation and description.  It helped to fully understand the factors that contributed to the problem.

THANKS!!!
Nov 16, 2021 12:08:57 pm EST
Hello Larry,

I'm glad to hear I was able to help and it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions or need our further assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)