New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

About new language

Links used in this discussion
sayuri, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 03, 2021 5:04:47 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,

I sent mail to `support@remote-utilities.com` with title "Regarding add new language" 4 days ago but did not received response. Can you check and provide necessary details? or if there any reason to ignore, please let me know.

Good day!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 04, 2021 3:18:00 pm EDT
Hello Sayuri,

Thank you for your message.

I apologize for the late reply, we've just responded to your email.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Riki Alonzo, User (Posts: 10)
Dec 07, 2021 8:51:36 am EST
Hi there!

I realized that new RU version 7.0.2.0 has no language files (.lng), instead of 7.0.0.3 and previous. Is there any possibility of modifying these text files to show the info of your choice, in order to generate a custom host from MSI Configurator?

Thanks in advance.
Dec 07, 2021 2:28:20 pm EST
Hello Riki,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that you want to choose a language for your Host when generating the custom Host installer via the MSI Configurator Tool? If this is the case then please note that you can choose the language for your Host installation package when configuring it. This is how you can do it:
1. On Step 4. Host settings configuration choose the Pre-configure option and enable the General and network settings checkbox.
2. Click Finish.
3. The Host configuration window will open. Please navigate to the Language tab and select the preferred language.
4. Customize other settings if necessary, then click "OK" to build the output file and save it.

If you meant something else, please let us know.

Hope that helps.
Dec 07, 2021 3:26:01 pm EST
I mean the ability of editting a language file inside MSI file in order to use my own words.

Until the version 7.0.0.3, if you disassembled the MSI file you got several files, many of them were about language (english.lng, spanish.lng, russian.lng, etc). Editting those files using your own words and writing additional information (like how to use RU or contact information), and then re-assembly the MSI to use with the MSI Configurator.
Dec 07, 2021 4:21:46 pm EST
Hello Riki,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'm sorry, but this is not how the customizable MSI installation file is supposed to be used, and such capabilities are not advertised anywhere on the site or in our sales literature. Please note that we cannot provide assistance on undocumented capabilities like changing or disassembling resource files, re-arranging controls or reverse-engineering of the software. Besides, please note that this might violate our EULA.  

If you want to provide your contact information to your customers, please configure an Agent package instead where you can add any custom text at the Integrate your logo tab.

Please note that our software is provided as is and the only customization options are those available in Options/Settings for the corresponding modules and our MSI Configurator.

Hope that helps.
Dec 08, 2021 11:31:59 am EST
Ok, I see your point and thanks for clarificating the terms of license. I will use the settings you mentioned.

Thank you.
Dec 08, 2021 12:57:56 pm EST
Hello Riki,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions or need our assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)