New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Slow connection on LAN, but faast via internet

Links used in this discussion
Andreas Verga, User (Posts: 5)
Dec 20, 2021 3:18:14 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have a fast connection to my home network from outside connecting via the internet, but on the same LAN, it's really slow. I have a self-hosted RU server and the latest version of server, host, and client. Any suggestions as to what the reason could be?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 20, 2021 3:56:53 pm EST
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that when you use Direct connection the connection speed and performance are slower than when you connect to the same Host via the Internet-ID connection?
If this is the case please try referring to this KB troubleshooting page and see if any of the solutions listed there help to improve the connection speed when using Direct connection.

Hope that helps.
Andreas Verga, User (Posts: 5)
Dec 21, 2021 3:14:56 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Pauline,

Thank you for your response. I'll try to explain my setup.

I have a RU server in my network with fixed IP on its own port. The server is also running a RU host on a separate port. The rest of my machines run only RU hosts, all with fixed IP and their own port. All ports are forwarded in the router.

When I connect within the LAN I use Direct connection and the local IP of the machine and the individual port. The result is a slow and unresponsive connection.

When I connect from outside I use Direct connect and the IP from ISP and port to the individual machine. The result is a much more responsive connection.

In both cases, Authentication is Custom server security with 2FA. I don't use an Internet-ID connection at all.

I can't find anything from the troubleshooting list that would help in my case.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 21, 2021 3:09:12 pm EST
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please send us the Host log files for examination? You can locate the logs in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\.
Please send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com and do not publish them on the forum as they might contain personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)