New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

MY Lic file does not stay, I have to register every time

Links used in this discussion
Peter Dulong, User (Posts: 9)
Dec 23, 2021 11:18:13 am EST
For some reason I lost my Address Book of the computers i Had, and now I can't seem to keep the Lic File Active. Every time I Register it it doesn't hold, it goes back to 31 day trial

Please help
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 23, 2021 1:03:29 pm EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try the following and see if this helps to resolve the issue:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder.
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your current address books won't be affected by this action.
4. Run Viewer and try registering it with your license key once again.

After you've registered Viewer please try restoring your address book from a backup as described in this step-by-step tutorial.
Please note that the automatic daily backups of the address books are enabled by default and include your general (default) address book and any custom address book you've added to your Viewer.
You can locate the backup file for the address book in the following folder:
C:\Users\[Your_username]\%AppData%\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\backups\.

Hope that helps.
Peter Dulong, User (Posts: 9)
Dec 23, 2021 7:18:59 pm EST
That Worked, Thank you very Much for the Help. Awesome service!

Peter
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 24, 2021 8:32:18 am EST
Hello Peter,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or need our assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)