New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Grouping physical computers into labs

Links used in this discussion
Nhlanhla Mnyandu, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 22, 2021 2:47:38 am EST
Upon testing the Remote Utilities software I do not get the feature to group physical computers into labs
and an indication on wether a remote computer is in use by a student /Lecturer
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 22, 2021 3:38:26 pm EST
Hello Nhlanhla,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if by "group into labs" you mean grouping connections in the address book to folders? If this is the case, please note that you can create folders in the Navigation pane on the left side of the main Viewer window. In order to create a folder simply right-click with the mouse cursor hovered over the Navigation pane and sel ect Add folder. When you have created folders, you can simply drag and drop connections fr om the Contents pane on the right to the preferred folders on the left.

and an indication on wether a remote computer is in use by a student /Lecturer

Unfortunately, this feature is not available in Remote Utilities yet. However, we already have it in our wishlist, so it definitely will be implemented in one of our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope that helps.
Nhlanhla Mnyandu, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 23, 2021 1:01:21 am EST
Thank yo for a reply to my query, we like the software with its features and benefits however we are missing an effective engagement with the technical sales representatives. Maybe the timing is wrong as we are in the middle of festive season. We want to deploy the system in the HEI for students and lectures to access their learning material online and away from the institution. I do understand that the feature is in your Wishlist but at the same time I do believe that if this is a huge demand for a bigger project, it can be custom made to suite the HEI environment and can be a huge market breakthrough to Remote Utilities to my opinion. Can you arrange a discussion or an online meeting?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 23, 2021 1:27:17 pm EST
Hello Nhlanhla,

Please try using this Contact Sales form and specifying your questions in the "Message" field so that our Sales department representative can get back to you.
However, please note that Remote Utilities is a self-sufficient stand-alone software provided "as is". We do not assist in writing custom scripts/codes or implementing integration of Remote Utilities with other software.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)