Community

You computer has been connected in a remote session...

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jan 06, 2022 1:54:30 pm EST
Hi Bob,

The terms "remote computer" and "endpoint" are interchangeable.

Also, I see you keep the servers going for previous paid versions so I'm just wondering how far back this goes? Does v5 or v4 etc. still work with your Internet ID servers?

Yes, we keep the servers for previous paid versions. There are no plans to stop them so far.

Thanks for the kind words!
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Jan 06, 2022 4:25:42 pm EST

johnran wrote:

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Are you offering any Seasonal discounts like others do this time of the year like the Christmas and new year discount and if so how do we get it?

Feel free to contact our sales at sales@remoteutilities.com. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Thank you I contacted them and will wait till they reply

Conrad how long does it take t get my license after I paid?
Jan 06, 2022 4:48:17 pm EST
Hi John,

It should be immediately once the order has been processed (delivered electronically to your email address).

I checked our recent orders and I can see that your order has been processed, and a license key has been sent to you. It should come from PayProGlobal (payproglobal.com) , our payment processing provider.

If you didn't receive your key, please let me know and I will manually send it to you via email.

Thanks.
Jan 06, 2022 5:40:44 pm EST
Ok it didnt say that I had to create account fo rthe commerce site then login to get the liscence I see it in there now  thank you
Jan 06, 2022 5:48:41 pm EST
Ok I added the code under the file section but I get this error now...
Attached Files
You computer has been connected in a remote session...
Edited:johnran - Jan 06, 2022 5:56:26 pm EST
Jan 06, 2022 6:35:22 pm EST
Hi John,

This is a wrong place to apply a license key. The license key (the file format key.rlicense) must be added to Help -> License key storage. Here is a registration guide.

I'll ask our sales to send you the key file. Perhaps, the email message from Paypro didn't reach your inbox.

Thanks.
Jan 06, 2022 6:47:16 pm EST
Thanks I got it I went to the your website and retrived it, it was in there. not the same key the commerece place had..

was little difficult this time for some reason.. either way its in

Thanks
Edited:johnran - Jan 06, 2022 6:49:47 pm EST
Peter MacIntyre, User (Posts: 8)
Jan 10, 2022 10:15:58 am EST
Support level: Free or trial

Pauline wrote:

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

How do I remove it since it is a legitimate connection ? This message assumes unauthorized access.

This connection alert is persistent and cannot be removed. The notification was added for security reasons and is shown for all trial and free license users. Sorry if this makes our software less useful for you.

By the way the grammar is wrong as well ... it should be " Your computer..." not "You computer..."

Thank you for the feedback. We'll make sure to correct this typo as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about:  https://gyazo.com/7b7f662bb42d27736ace1e1b3c4a71f1
it can't be moved and I can't read what is behind it ... if you could just make it moveable all would be fine.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Jan 10, 2022 3:45:07 pm EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, we cannot make the warning message moveable due to security reasons. However, we'll discuss if we can make it more transparent. Please note that we've already removed the warning message for the Direct connection in the latest updates.

Hope that helps.
Douglas Crawford, User (Posts: 75)
Jan 10, 2022 6:24:26 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Do consider "breahting" - fading in and out.  That gives us the best fighting chance to operate/see
what is underneath it!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)