Community

Problem after upgrading to 7.1.1 viewer and 3.2 server

Links used in this discussion
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Jan 07, 2022 9:57:05 am EST
After upgrading viewer to 7.1.1.0 and 3.2 server, I can't connect to existing hosts in address book
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 07, 2022 10:10:42 am EST
Hi Rob,

I have responded via the ticket.
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Jan 07, 2022 3:01:48 pm EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hi Rob,

I have responded via the ticket.

OK, I figured this out..... I am running the RUT server on Server 2008R2. It seems as though once I stop and restart the services on the RUT server, I can then, click on any host in the viewer. If the Rut server sits dormant for any amount of time, I have to go back and restart the service on the server before it will allow me to remote in to a host.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Jan 11, 2022 5:46:41 am EST
I was about to do the same upgrade, when I stumbled upon this thread. If possible share the details to let us know if we are looking at a bugfix coming up here.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 11, 2022 1:28:42 pm EST
Hello cosmos,

Thank you for your message.

Our developers are currently looking into the information and log files that Rob had provided regarding the issue. However, please note that similar issue had occurred in the previous version of RU Server (3.1) for some users - this issue was already fixed in the most recent update for RU Server (version 3.2.0.0) which resolved the issue for everyone who has reported it to us before the update was released. Perhaps, in this specific case the issue might be caused by something else.

Meanwhile, you can try updating your current RU Server installation to the most recent version 3.2 - the issue should not occur after the update since it was already fixed in the latest update, but even if it does - we will make sure to assist you in resolving it as fast as possible and you can always temporarily downgrade your RU Server back to the previous version without losing any connections/settings.

The latest version of RU Server 3.2 is available for download on this page.

Hope that helps.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Jan 12, 2022 2:56:03 am EST
Hello Pauline,

I avoid mass installations of a product not widely deployed or not used for some time. It takes a lot of effort for our 2 person IT department to fix issues; our last attempt to upgrade our 6.x installations to 7.x hosts ended up with us having to manually uninstall/re-install/fix 100 installations!

I do not know if that issue was fixed or not, but since there was this user report about possible issues, I'll wait for a month or so to see how it goes from your end.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 12, 2022 8:13:55 am EST
Hello cosmos,

Of course, please feel free to keep using your current installation. Meanwhile, we plan to release an update for RU Server very soon and hopefully we will be able to completely eliminate this issue in the upcoming update.

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or need our assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)