New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Remote utilities host stopped

Links used in this discussion
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Jan 11, 2022 7:36:58 pm EST
I just had 3 computers all windows 10 systems had there host stop and unload.  Fortunately I had another remote program that allowed me to connect to them and restart the host on each one.  others were fine, what could of caused this?
Jan 11, 2022 8:00:17 pm EST
Make that 4 now.. wonder windows update?

now 5...hmmm
Edited:johnran - Jan 11, 2022 8:15:17 pm EST
Jan 12, 2022 8:57:41 am EST
Is there a log file that would show what might have happen?  where is it located?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 12, 2022 9:19:16 am EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know what version of Remote Utilities do you use and if there's any firewall/antivirus software installed on the remote Host machines? In addition, could you please clarify if you had installed a Windows Update before the issue occurred?
Also please feel free to send us the Host logs for examination. You can send both Connection and Installation log files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Jan 12, 2022 9:59:26 am EST

Pauline wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know what version of Remote Utilities do you use and if there's any firewall/antivirus software installed on the remote Host machines? In addition, could you please clarify if you had installed a Windows Update before the issue occurred?
Also please feel free to send us the Host logs for examination. You can send both  Connection  and  Installation  log files to  support@remoteutilities.com .

Hello,  version nuber is 7.1.10 (70110)  windows firewall on the machine, I do have a firewall on the network but that wouldnt unload a program on the computer.  it would just block it.  so thats not it.  webroot for bussiness and malwarebytes sits on them all so. funny cause after restarting each host running as admin it works fine. On all of them. I will forward a couply of this and my host file for that that to support. no there was no windows update but just curious.
Edited:johnran - Jan 12, 2022 10:00:28 am EST
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 12, 2022 3:52:30 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the provided details.

I've examined the log file, but, unfortunately, there seem to be no entries that might point to what could've caused the issue.
I'm glad to hear it works for you now. However, if you'd like us to look further into the issue, then could you please provide us the Windows System Events log fr om at least one of the Host machines wh ere the issue occurred? You can filter the log, so that it includes only the day when the issue had occurred. Here's a quick guide on how to export the Windows Event log. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com as well.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)