Community

Problems with Viewer 7.0.0.1

Links used in this discussion
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Jan 15, 2022 12:33:42 pm EST
Support level: Starter

Thar reminds me:on my XP Viewer machine at v 7.0.0.1, if I right click anywhere in either of the explorer panes in the file transfer window, the entire screen goes white. Rather scary the first time it happened, but hitting escape key gets back to normal display. I can't remember what happened in v 6.10.0.0, and don't know what is supposed to happen.

Peter, we haven't received other similar reports yet, but we will additionally test how the File Transfer connection mode works with Windows XP to see if we can reproduce the issue. Please note that in version 6.10.10.0 an old mechanism for the File Transfer mode was used which was replaced with an improved mechanism starting version 7 of Remote Utilities.

I've just updated to version 7.1.2.0, and the white screen effect is still present with file transfer on XP Viewer.  This is not a big issue for me, since my main Viewer is now Win 7, and in any case I don't use file transfer very often.  Also, the options provided by right click (which works on Win 7) are available from the file transfer "file" menu.
Peter.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 17, 2022 1:06:54 pm EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for updating us on this.

Could you please let us know if you have both Host and Viewer updated to the latest version 7.1.2.0? Please make sure that there's no version mismatch between Host and Viewer as it might lead to performance issues or even some features not working.

Looking forward to your reply.
Peter Gray, User (Posts: 48)
Jan 17, 2022 4:36:33 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Hi Pauline

Thank you for updating us on this.

Could you please let us know if you have both Host and Viewer updated to the latest version 7.1.2.0? Please make sure that there's no version mismatch between Host and Viewer as it might lead to performance issues or even some features not working.

Yes, both the Viewer and all the several Hosts  tried it with were at the latest version 7.1.2.0.  Note that the problem only occurs with the Viewer on Windows XP, not on Windows 7.

Peter.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 18, 2022 10:19:44 am EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for the confirmation.

We will try to reproduce the issue in our environment to see if we can reproduce it and implement a fix for the issue.

I'll keep you updated on this.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)