Community

Notification won't go away

Links used in this discussion
Emily Iverson, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 17, 2022 9:08:47 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
host version: 7.1.2.0
I've used remote utilities for a few months on a previous account, recently I had to move to a new host computer and now whenever I connect, no matter how many times I connect/reboot both the viewer and host computer this notification will not go away, I can't interact with it an any way either. Is there a way to get rid of this notification?
Attached Files
Notification won't go away
johnran, User (Posts: 120)
Jan 18, 2022 9:45:22 am EST

Emily Iverson wrote:

host version: 7.1.2.0
I've used remote utilities for a few months on a previous account, recently I had to move to a new host computer and now whenever I connect, no matter how many times I connect/reboot both the viewer and host computer this notification will not go away, I can't interact with it an any way either. Is there a way to get rid of this notification?

You have to become a paid user to get rid of it.. Free version will show it..
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 18, 2022 1:55:10 pm EST
Hello Emily,

Thank you for your message.

This connection alert is persistent and cannot be removed. The notification was added for security reasons and is displayed for all trial and free license users when Internet-ID connection method is used. Also, as johnran mentioned, users with any commercial license don't see this notification.
However, the connection alert can be clicked through (for example, like the Windows activation message). The connection warning is also not displayed for Direct connections even for users with Free licenses or in trial mode.
Sorry if this makes our software less useful for you.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)