New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

BitDefender - problems with Host version 7.1.2.0

Links used in this discussion
David Johnson, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 03, 2022 6:44:31 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Having problems with Bitdefender flagging the host as malware / spyware and quarantining it.  Try to un quarantine it, it says it can't.  I know that it is Bitdefender's problem but was hoping that you might be able to do something on yuor end.
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Feb 03, 2022 10:24:05 pm EST
Have been having the same issue, even with whitelisting the app, whenever I try and upgrade the hosts.

I've submitted it as a false positive to them multiple times but still no luck. Have been having to run full updates instead.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 04, 2022 4:26:26 am EST
Hi David,

We tried to contact them too but they keep giving template answers. For example, Microsoft removed a similar false positive detection within a day in Windows Defender.
Feb 05, 2022 9:25:26 am EST
Hello,

There is a discussion on BitDefender forum:
https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/90287/remote-utilities-blocked#latest

In case they delete my reply and ban me from their forum, which is likely, here is a screenshot of my reply there:

BitDefender - problems with Host version 7.1.2.0 - 05 Feb 2022 09:24:02

I encourage other BitDefender customers to visit the link above and leave your comments. I will pin this tread for now.
Werner Schoenthal, User (Posts: 16)
Feb 06, 2022 7:33:13 am EST
Support level: Starter
Hello Conrad,

Yesterday I reported file "host7.1.2.0.msi" False Positive as a paying customer to Bitdefender again.

Currently only host 6.10.10.0 can be installed on our Bitdefender protected computers.
Bitdefender immediately kill's installations of host 7.1.1.0 and host 7.1.2.0

Thank You,
Werner
Feb 06, 2022 7:48:34 am EST
Hi Werner,

Thank you for your support. The more BD customers report the problem to them, the better.
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Feb 06, 2022 3:51:12 pm EST
Reported it as a false positive, reported on the forum post as well as opening a support case and a complaint.

This is ridiculous, it’s not bitdefenders job to decide what software I install and that is exactly what they’re trying to do. No chance they’re out there deleting TV installs or whatever else yet I use RU because I was tired of undisclosed security breaches from those big players…
john kumpf, User (Posts: 82)
Feb 07, 2022 5:45:46 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I posted to that forum. Very close to uninstalling BD.
Feb 07, 2022 6:39:25 pm EST
Hi John,

Thank you very much. Having the support of our users is very important. In the past we were facing these behemoths virtually alone.  

Currently, the BitDefender's is the only serious a/v issue with version 7.1.2.0. Also, Windows Defender may detect the product (not sure of the current status, still checking), but usually Microsoft Defender team are very fast in responding to FP requests and fixing issues.
Mark Brown, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 07, 2022 11:09:50 pm EST
Support level: Starter
ESET's online cloud analysis also flags Remote Utilities 7.1.x.
I have to assume that a part of the installer or MSI scripts are also used by malicious software and is being flagged for similar installation behavior.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)