New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Unable to Connect with Host

Links used in this discussion
Julie Crouch, User (Posts: 8)
Feb 10, 2022 10:34:34 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have a free Viewer license using Version 7.1.2.0.  When I attempt to connect with Host (showing online status), I get error message "Unable to connect Attempts left: 5"  I could see that my Viewer's License was missing from my License Key Storage.  I applied for and received a new key license which is now showing in my License Key Storage, but still cannot connect with Host.  How can this be remedied?  Thank you.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 10, 2022 3:09:06 pm EST
Hello Julie,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if your Host is updated to the latest version 7.1.2.0 as well? If you use Host of version 6 or older, please try updating it to the latest version following this step-by-step guide and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Feb 10, 2022 3:43:47 pm EST
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, Pauline.  I can see on my Viewer a "Yes" under my Host's "Update ," so not updated to the latest version.  I followed the steps of  the step-by-step guide that you sent, but could not update my host because the same message "Unable to connect" kept appearing.  Thank you for your help!
Feb 10, 2022 4:21:03 pm EST
Hello Julie,

Unfortunately, in this case you will need to access the remote Host machine manually in order to upgrade the Host. In case if the issue persists even after Host is upgraded to the latest version, please try referring to this KB troubleshooting guide and see if any of the solutions help to resolve the issue.
If none of the above helps, please let us know, so that we can look further into the issue.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Feb 10, 2022 4:50:29 pm EST
Thank you again, Pauline.  Would it make any difference if I purchased a paid version of Remote Utilities?  Thanks, again.
Feb 11, 2022 4:08:22 pm EST
Hello Julie,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you've registered your Viewer with the temporary license key provided in the upgrade guide? Please note that this a special temporary license key that we provided to our users, so that they can connect to their Hosts of version 6 in order to upgrade them.
If you haven't registered your Viewer with the provided license key yet, please download the license key file here and register your Viewer with this key following this guide.
After your Viewer is registered please try connecting to the remote Host once again and see if you're able to connect this way.
If your Viewer already was registered with this license key, but you still can't connect to the remote Host, could you please let us know if there's any antivirus software installed on the remote Host machine?

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 11, 2022 5:00:09 pm EST
Pauline, thank you for your email and for your persistence in helping me with my issue.  I attempted to register my Viewer with the temporary license key, but thought I had failed.  I went through your instructions in today's email and when I used Ctrl+N to input the temporary license key, I received a message: "Attention: This file already exists."  Does that mean that my registration of the temporary license was successful?  Also, my License Count shows as 10 which seemed odd.  Next, I attempted to logon to my Host without success.

I do believe that there is antivirus software installed on the remote Host machine.  Do you need to know the name of the application?

Thank you again for your help.
Brian Phelan, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 13, 2022 12:32:19 pm EST
I am running Viewer 7.1.2.0.  I have Host version 6.8.0.1.  Host are show as "on line" Followed instructions to update host via viewer.  Unable to make a connection.  Error 53 state unable to make network connection.

Is host update made by host on host computer?

Free version.
Brian Phelan, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 13, 2022 1:18:20 pm EST
Uploaded 7.1.2.0 on host via host.  Now I am able to connect.
Feb 13, 2022 4:18:37 pm EST
Thank you for your post, Brian!  Can you tell me where I can find instructions to upload 7.1.2.0 on host via host?   Thank you.  Julie
UPDATE:  I realized that I could have the Host uninstall the outdated program then download and install the current Host program.  I was able to connect after that.  Thank you so much for your post which helped me see the solution!  Julie
Edited:Julie Crouch - Feb 13, 2022 5:50:59 pm EST

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)