New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Wake on lan using other host

Links used in this discussion
M. A., User (Posts: 3)
Feb 07, 2022 10:43:51 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi there

I try to start a WS over a Server from an offside PC.
The WS and the Server are on the same subnet and it is possible to start the WS from the Server with RU-Viewer and the Internet-ID connection by pressing wake on lan.

From the offside PC i am able to connect to the Server and to the WS with RU-Viewer, when both are running. However; when the WS is shut down, i am not able to start him from the offside PC over the Server with the "wake on lan using other host" function. I tried many options inside the programm, but now i am out of ideas.

What could i be missing?

Thanks in advance
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 07, 2022 4:32:28 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that you're able to start the target Host machine from a full shut down via the Wake-On-LAN feature from the server machine, but the same scenario does not work as expected when trying to start the target Host from a remote Viewer via the WoL using other Host feature using the same "server" machine as the intermediary Host?

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 08, 2022 3:46:33 am EST
Exactly

I can start the target host machine from a full shut down via "wake on lan" from the server machine.

I can not start the target host machine from a diffrent PC via "wake on lan using other host" using the server machine as intermediary host. When i do this the Viewer establishes a connection to the server machine, but nothing more happens.

Viewer and Host Versions are 7.1.2
Feb 08, 2022 4:13:15 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward this issue to our developers and will ask for their input on it to see if this might be expected behavior or if there's something that can be done to fix the issue.  

I will get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Feb 09, 2022 3:51:27 am EST
Thanks for your reply.

The devs can contact me directly, if they want to investigate.
Martin Messerli, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 10, 2022 8:36:25 am EST
Hello
We tried to activate this feature this week. We have exactly the same Problem as described here.
The "other Host" is Windows Server 2019 and the Computer to wake up is on Windows 10. Everything fully patched and the newest Version of Remote Utilites as well.
Kind reagrds
Edited:Tinu - Feb 10, 2022 8:41:07 am EST
Feb 10, 2022 4:23:54 pm EST
Hello Martin,

Thank you for your message.

I have forwarded your input to our developers as well and have asked them to look further into this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll get back to you with an update on this issue as soon as I hear back from our development department.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)