New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Host Icon disappears from Windows Icon Tray

Links used in this discussion
Werner Schoenthal, User (Posts: 16)
Feb 09, 2022 9:29:16 am EST
Support level: Starter
After updating host 7.0.0.3 to 7.1.2.0 physically at a single Windows 10 PC, the host icon in the  icon tray disappears after about one minute. However service state is started.

As soon as host 7.0.0.3 is reinstalled  I don't have this behaviour and connection from viewer 7.1.2.0 works.
Any idea?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 09, 2022 1:45:50 pm EST
Hello Werner,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know if you have any antivirus/firewall software installed on the Host machine? The issue might be occurring if the Host service being stopped (or even some Host files being deleted) by some antivirus/firewall software activity.
If this is the case, please make sure to add the Host installation folder to the exception list of your antivirus software: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\. In addition,we recommend that you check the antivirus software's logs or quarantine to see if it contains any of Remote Utilities files and submit a False Positive report as described here.
In addition, please try referring to this KB troubleshooting page and see if the provided solution helps to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.
Werner Schoenthal, User (Posts: 16)
Feb 11, 2022 4:43:12 am EST
Support level: Starter
Hello Pauline,

Thank you for your helpful assistance and useful information and links.

The affected Win10 host computer has MS Defender in use.
I made 'simple update' to update host 7.0.0.3 and lost connection afterwards.
Had to install previous host on-site.
Follow your suggestions next time I'll be there.

Thank You,
Werner
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 11, 2022 10:43:15 am EST
Hello Werner,

In this case, the issue might be occurring if the MS Defender started to mistakenly delete/block the Host service. If you notice that this applies, please submit a false positive report to Microsoft here, so that MS Defender can remove the false positive detection - they usually resolve such issues pretty fast.

Follow your suggestions next time I'll be there.

Of course, please feel free to contact us if you have more questions or need our assistance.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)