New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

2FA broke direct connection

Links used in this discussion
steventhornley Thornley, User (Posts: 5)
Feb 10, 2022 8:51:50 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello,
2FA works on two other computers, but a third one requires I use the Internet-ID connection after turning the 2FA on.....what happened?
I've been using RU for more than a year without problems, I've updated the host and the viewer, I've checked the ports, the ddns address of the router, the port forwarding rules, and I'm coming up empty.
Kindly direct me to a solution, please.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 11, 2022 4:22:30 pm EST
Hello Steven,

Thank you for your message.

It seems like the issue might have been caused by some antivirus/firewall activity that could mistakenly damage or delete some files fr om the Host installation folder or Host's registry key.
Could you please try fully uninstalling Host on the machine wh ere the issue occurs following this guide, then restarting the remote machine and re-installing Host from scratch to see if this helps to resolve the issue?
In addition, please make sure to add the Host installation folder to the exception list of the antivirus software installed on this machine: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)