Community

Persistent connection alert window not transparent and too persistent

Links used in this discussion
Todd Roscoe, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 22, 2022 9:11:40 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I have two items to consider or address:

1. The other evening my minor son came and asked me to help him reinstall the RU Client as he uninstalled it because it was telling him someone was on his computer.  We installed it again, but I realized I didn't even recall remoting in that day or at least since that morning.

I wouldn't have thought much about it except last night I logged into one of my laptops and saw the banner.  I was remoted into it earlier that evening but had already exited and shut down the PC I used to remote in.  Not sure why it's staying.  A reboot removed it.

2.  When the banner first appeared I checked the community and read that it was transparent.  However, I've noticed on some of my PCs, those with high resolution, it does not appear transparent at all - see image of task tray.  This makes it difficult to access the task tray items or function icons on programs that place them in the lower right of the window.  Would the bottom center or top left be a less intrusive location?  Better yet, could the Host add an option, either on the top menu of a remote session or in the settings, of picking the location to display the banner.

Finally, if it's a security warning banner, could it include information on who's remoting in?  Perhaps the remote IP address if there is no other identification available.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Attached Files
Persistent connection alert window not transparent and too persistent
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 24, 2022 8:12:01 am EST
Hi Todd,

Thank you for the comment.

I wouldn't have thought much about it except last night I logged into one of my laptops and saw the banner. I was remoted into it earlier that evening but had already exited and shut down the PC I used to remote in. Not sure why it's staying. A reboot removed it.

Make sure you udated Viewer and Host to the latest version and see if this issue persists. It could be a bug which was present in the first release of the version where this alert message was first introduced.

However, I've noticed on some of my PCs, those with high resolution, it does not appear transparent at all - see image of task tray.

Could you tell us the Host OS version and what resolution is used. Thanks.

Better yet, could the Host add an option, either on the top menu of a remote session or in the settings, of picking the location to display the banner.

Finally, if it's a security warning banner, could it include information on who's remoting in?  Perhaps the remote IP address if there is no other identification available.

We will consider these suggestions, thank you!
Todd Roscoe, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 12, 2022 10:39:02 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
The host is now 7.1.2.0.  I updated upon notification.  If I see the banner again I'll come back to this post.

I believe there was an update since I wrote in; however, the solid banner remains.  Host OS is Windows 11, I believe it was also present in Windows 10 but has since been upgraded.  The host PC resolution is 2560 X 1440, the recommended display.

Thank you for considering my final item.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 14, 2022 2:33:06 pm EST
Hello Todd,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please enabling the Capture alpha-blending windows checkbox in the Connection Properties window  -> Additional Properties tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue?

In addition, please also try enabling the Use legacy capture mode checkbox in the Host Settings -> Other tab and then restarting Host to see if this helps.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)