Community

Host Ports

Links used in this discussion
Paul Carr, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 07, 2014 3:16:54 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Is it possible to change the host settings so that the only outgoing port required is 443 ? My works PC is behind various corporate firewalls and I think they've recently blocked 565* as I'm trying to work from home today and it won't connect.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 07, 2014 5:20:44 am EST
Hello Paul,

Thanks for the question.

This is what our Gateway Mediation Server can be used for. You can set the port used by GMS to 443 and this will be the only port that has to be open on the Host side (an outgoing one, that is).

However, for the "vanilla" Internet ID connection, i.e. using our intermediary servers, other outgoing ports should be open, as listed in this knowledge base article https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/ports-used-by-remote-utilities/

Hope that helps.
Deden Zainal, User (Posts: 5)
Feb 20, 2022 9:15:27 pm EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the question.

This is what our Gateway Mediation Server can be used for. You can set the port used by GMS to 443 and this will be the only port that has to be open on the Host side (an outgoing one, that is).

However, for the "vanilla" Internet ID connection, i.e. using our intermediary servers, other outgoing ports should be open, as listed in this knowledge base article https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/ports-used-by-remote-utilities/

Hope that helps.

Hello dear Suport,

i have already added this port into my firewall.. but still cannot access.. can you give me other port used for remote

thank you..
Attached Files
Host Ports Host Ports
Edited:Deden Zainal - Feb 20, 2022 9:17:43 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 21, 2022 5:28:56 am EST
Hello Deden,

Are you connecting via our public servers or the self hosted server?
Feb 21, 2022 6:17:42 am EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello Deden,

Are you connecting via our public servers or the self hosted server?

Hello Sir,

im Connecting via self hosted / not connect to internet
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 21, 2022 12:15:46 pm EST
Hello Deden,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please note that when connecting via Direct connection or Internet-ID connection via the self-hosted RU Server, you can choose any other port that is available for you. In case if you're using Direct connection, you can change the port to a custom value in the Host Settings -> Port tab and Viewer's Connection Properties window -> Network tab.
If you use Internet-ID connection via the RU Server, you can change the Server's communication port as well by following the instructions provided on this page.

Hope that helps.
Feb 23, 2022 4:16:00 am EST

Pauline wrote:

Hello Deden,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please note that when connecting via Direct connection or Internet-ID connection via the self-hosted RU Server, you can choose any other port that is available for you. In case if you're using Direct connection, you can change the port to a custom value in the Host Settings -> Port tab and Viewer's Connection Properties window -> Network tab.
If you use Internet-ID connection via the RU Server, you can change the Server's communication port as well by following the instructions provided on this page.

Hope that helps.

hello there..
im sorry for miss information,
my computer use software that redirect connection to internet

when im using another pc to use remote utilities software its working so well...

thank you for your support and im sorry for my wrong
Feb 24, 2022 8:52:01 am EST
Hello Deden,

Could you please confirm if you were able to figure out the issue and it works for you now?

Please feel free to let us know if you mean something else or if you need our further assistance.
Feb 27, 2022 8:10:11 pm EST

Pauline wrote:

Hello Deden,

Could you please confirm if you were able to figure out the issue and it works for you now?

Please feel free to let us know if you mean something else or if you need our further assistance.

Hello Pauline

Yes, its works now.. thanks for your support...
Feb 28, 2022 2:03:11 pm EST
Hello Deden,

Thank you for the confirmation.

I'm glad to hear it works for you now! Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)