Community

This app has been blocked for your protection

Links used in this discussion
Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Apr 13, 2022 4:41:11 pm EDT
When installing a custom package made from the MSI Configurator in 6.10.10.0 I get a pop-up that blocks the install with no way around it. The image attached is basically what happens although for a different application.

The only way around it is to edit the registry and reboot the computer. This just started happening maybe a couple of months ago or so. If I do the base install of the host downloaded from remoteutilities.com I do not have this issue but it is a pain because I use the MSI Configurator to set a password and email the ID etc to me so I don't have to try and remember to write it down or take a picture.

Anyone know a way to stop this from happening?
Attached Files
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 13, 2022 5:08:32 pm EDT
Hello Allan,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know if you choose Online or Legacy configurator option on Step 1 of the configuration process when building the custom installation package?

Looking forward to your reply.
Sam Hari, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 13, 2022 9:06:04 pm EDT
I used the online msi configurator to make my packages and now I get the same error. It specifically says the certificate was revoked by the issuer.
Attached Files
Apr 13, 2022 9:44:58 pm EDT
Yup, that is the same thing I have here. Does that mean that Remote Utilities canceled the certificate?
Attached Files
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Apr 14, 2022 12:41:23 am EDT
Hi Sam and Allan,

The current code signing certificates issued by DigiCert - for the vanilla version and for the custom installer - are both valid.

An older certificate used for custom installers, issued by Sectigo, was revoked by Sectigo. When we asked to explain why they did so they never answered. We decided that Sectigo can no longer be trusted as our certificate provider so we switched entirely to Digicert.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Apr 14, 2022 5:05:02 am EDT

Sam Hari wrote:

I used the online msi configurator to make my packages and now I get the same error. It specifically says the certificate was revoked by the issuer.

Sam,

Please, check if this is a code signing certificate from DigiCert. If yes, then it should work. If it doesn't, this could be a problem on the local machine (e.g. date incorrect or something with root certificates).
Apr 14, 2022 7:22:24 am EDT
I recreated my install package and it indeed uses a DigiCert certificate now instead of the Sectigo one and says it is valid. I will test it out but this makes sense and should solve the problem. Thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 14, 2022 10:20:43 am EDT
Hello Allan,

Thank you for the update.

We're glad to hear we were able to help and it works for you now! Please feel free to post another message if the issue persists and you need our further assistance or if you have more questions.

We're always happy to help!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)